Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

Ran the Giants Causeway xtreme marathon on Saturday past. It was my tenth marathon and by far the most challenging.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on October 03, 2019, 10:17:24 PM
Ran the Giants Causeway xtreme marathon on Saturday past. It was my tenth marathon and by far the most challenging.

Few friends did the ultra also, top drawer stuff. that's a difficult but beautiful run
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 03, 2019, 10:01:51 PM
Mageean through to the final - brilliant stuff. I doubt she'll be anywhere near a medal but final a great achievement.

Hassan will win it and she's up to her neck in it :-\

There was some shock in the Stadium when Naser won the 400 metres well ahead of the favourite.

No one would say it but you get the impression there is a lot to suspect about her performance.

imtommygunn

Mageean will be well beat by Hassan in the final too who is probably up to her neck in it >:(

Athletics not in a good shape. Coe not the man for the job at all. Just like a Tory he is too fond of the money :(

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Just something I noted recently...

Ran a mile on the treadmill, wasn't sprinting like a mad eejit, but at a good pace. Think I did around 9 minutes. And just realised yer man Bannister must have been going at a mental speed when he broke the 4 minute mile.

I'm sure someone's done it faster since. Anyone know the current mile record?

imtommygunn

A mere 3:43...

I have broke 5 a few times a good while ago but suspect BM does that in most races lol.

laoislad

9km to go and he is 10 seconds under the target. Looks like he is gonna do it.

laoislad

1:59:40  :o
Unreal.

Milltown Row2

Getting under 4 hours is a decent target! This is something else
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

grounded

Just incredible. It looked effortless for him. He has such a relaxed fluid running style. Great to be alive to see this.

Denn Forever

A happier result than the first Marathon. Less than 2 hours. WOW.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Wildweasel74

Some level of fitness there, pacemakers make a big difference to keep you going.

Square Ball

What a run, average pace of 13.1 mph🤯
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

screenexile

What's the point anymore f**king 2 hour Nike advert how can we believe this either??