whitey

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2018, 06:14:33 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 05:38:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2018, 05:35:18 PM
Fox is not journalism. The NYT is.

Like the time they let Hillarys campaign edit the pro Bernie editorial-lol
the plural of anecdote is not data

Its not an anecdote....it happened. 

If you hold the NYT in such high regard you should be extremely disturbed that a political campaign was able to edit an editorial on an opponent.

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 06:24:47 PM

If you hold the NYT in such high regard you should be extremely disturbed that a political campaign was able to edit an editorial on an opponent.

Your use of it is absolutely anecdotal.

Especially since it's the same single lone example you've been using to attack the Times and draw false equivalencies for the past two years.

dec

Do you have any information/links about this?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2018, 07:37:28 PM

Especially since it's the same single lone example you've been using to attack the Times and draw false equivalencies for the past two years.

Lol.....you have a problem with me bringing it up, but no problem with the fact it happened.....unbelievable!!!

http://observer.com/2016/10/wikileaks-new-york-times-propped-up-clinton-subverted-sanders/

"Rather, publications like the Times overtly skewed their coverage to favor Clinton. Such extreme bias for one presidential candidate is harrowing, given the Times' size and reputation of integrity for trusted journalism. The 2016 Democratic primaries saw the paper destroying that integrity and trust."

As a wise person once told me, believe what you want

seafoid

Whitey

Can you give 10 more examples where the NYT was 20% as mendacious as Kellyanne Conway? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2018, 09:31:36 PM
Whitey

Can you give 10 more examples where the NYT was 20% as mendacious as Kellyanne Conway?

But shes a partisan hack....I would expect nothing else from her.

NY Times is a disgrace and I wouldnt wipe my ar$e with it, never mind holding it up as an example of journalisyic integrity

Eamonnca1

Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary !!!!!!!

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 31, 2018, 09:57:30 PM
Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary !!!!!!!

You left out the "for prison" part

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 09:14:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2018, 07:37:28 PM

Lol.....you have a problem with me bringing it up, but no problem with the fact it happened.....unbelievable!!!

http://observer.com/2016/10/wikileaks-new-york-times-propped-up-clinton-subverted-sanders/

"Rather, publications like the Times overtly skewed their coverage to favor Clinton. Such extreme bias for one presidential candidate is harrowing, given the Times' size and reputation of integrity for trusted journalism. The 2016 Democratic primaries saw the paper destroying that integrity and trust."

As a wise person once told me, believe what you want

Where did I say I have a problem with you bringing it up?

I was refuting your claim that your repeated falling back on it as your only exhibit was not anecdotal, or that that incident proves that the Times plumbs the depths of journalistic malfeasance that Fox does as a matter of routine.

Bring it up as much as you want, but if you want to make a case that the Times habitually twists facts you might want to bring some new material to the table.

With that, I'm done. I'm not getting sucked back into this pointless bickering which we've already done twenty times. I think the Dems are mediocre, albeit at least sane (for the most part), but the GOP, already wrong on so many issues, are an utter disgrace and morally and intellectually bankrupt, having sold out to that shitstain. There's not much more to say until that cuntt either dies or is voted out. Hopefully the damage he does will be reparable and the right wing will come to their senses.

seafoid

I wouldn't vote conservative but I do respect the ideology. Conservative means keeping things steady and thinking about the future but maybe less about people.

Trump is no conservative. Neither is the GOP a conservative party.  Slashing taxes in the middle of a managed depression is economic vandalism.  Climate change denial is pure evil.

There is nobody for conservatives to vote for.

Milltown Row2

A very good show on Trump last night on RTE.. He more or less has the senators by the balls, what a weak set of people..

There were a couple that tried to stand up to him but they have resigned.. And Trump has made a model of how to win further elections for the GOP in the future..

You got to hand it to Trump, he's a cnut but a very clever cnut in terms of getting dumass Americans to vote for him, tel they what they want to hear! DUP style
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2018, 11:50:30 AM
A very good show on Trump last night on RTE.. He more or less has the senators by the balls, what a weak set of people..

There were a couple that tried to stand up to him but they have resigned.. And Trump has made a model of how to win further elections for the GOP in the future..

You got to hand it to Trump, he's a cnut but a very clever cnut in terms of getting dumass Americans to vote for him, tel they what they want to hear! DUP style

This is hardly new for a politician but Trump is brilliant in his brazenness, he just doesn't give a f**k that he's lying through his teeth and as quick again will contradict himself.

The end really does justify the means with him, especially when you've no moral scruples at all.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on June 01, 2018, 12:22:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2018, 11:50:30 AM

This is hardly new for a politician but Trump is brilliant in his brazenness, he just doesn't give a f**k that he's lying through his teeth and as quick again will contradict himself.

The end really does justify the means with him, especially when you've no moral scruples at all.
Trump isn't strategic. He is impulsive.
His tariff idea was not thought through. Neither was his climate position.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/31/north-korea-trump-approach-risks-disaster-warns-japan-diplomat-mr-x-hitoshi-tanaka

Tanaka highlighted the importance of Confucianism in Asia, meaning trust-building steps were crucial. The US, he said, sometimes tried to use its substantial power "as the backdrop to proceeding with the negotiations and that kind of style could backfire in Asia".

The breakthrough came after officials conducted some 25 meetings in secret over the course of a year.

They included negotiations with a senior North Korean military official, referred to by the Japanese in private as "Mr X", in a process that helped to build trust and momentum for an eventual summit between Kim and Junichiro Koizumi, then prime minister of Japan.

In contrast, Tanaka said, Trump appeared to be "trying to do many things on his own" without enough discussion with staff.

"One major difference is that the current process is a top-down process where President Trump himself personally makes the decision 'we will do the summit', 'we will not do the summit'; and that kind of process may deliver extremely significant outcomes, but at the same time I think that there is a high risk that it would also lead to disastrous outcomes," Tanaka said.

"If the US-North Korean summit would be held without sufficient preparations and ending up in major failure, then it's going to be a huge cost which will have to be borne by all of the countries in this region."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/25/north-korea-suummit-donald-trump-white-house

How much longer can the international community pretend that having a narcissistic amateur running the White House is a tolerable or even manageable state of affairs? Just look at the global wreckage after 18 months of Trump. A landmark climate change pact trashed. Protectionism, trade wars and divisive border walls on the rise. Hopes of peace in Israel-Palestine, and dozens of Palestinian lives, sacrificed to the presidential ego. A potentially catastrophic dereliction of duty under way in Syria. Continuing appeasement of Russia. And a new Middle East war in the making, after Trump's unilateral renunciation of the Iran nuclear deal. It is no exaggeration to say US authority and credibility on the world stage are now at stake.

This is not leadership. It is day-by-day, manmade chaos masquerading as policy. It's not America First. It's America Foolish. Yet there is no end in sight to the damaging tomfoolery. Trump does not learn from his mistakes. He just makes bigger ones.

NAG1

I will just be interested to see if all the dodgy deals being done by his daughter and his son in law, some on his behlaf will come to light during or after his presidency. He basically using the presidents office to enrich all those around him, a good bit of it already in the public domain but no one seems to have the guts to pull him on.

It will end up as predicted with the rich becoming richer and the dopey americans who voted him in ending up worse off than ever before.