The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: redhandloo on August 01, 2011, 09:18:12 AM
The lack of a defensive signing is still a major worry!

Would definitely like a new LB but think we aren't too bad for cover.

RB - Johnson, Kelly, Flanagan, Carra

CB - Agger, Skrtel, Carra, The Greek, Kelly, Ayala

LB - Aurelio, Insua, Robinson, Johnson

laoislad

Good comeback from Liverpool.
Were 2-0 down now winning 3-2,two goals from Agger in space of 5mins.

Aquaman playing well again,I think we are mad letting him go.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

whitegoodman

What is the actual team that is playing ?

laoislad

Quote from: whitegoodman on August 01, 2011, 07:51:05 PM
What is the actual team that is playing ?

Team that started.

Reina
Johnson
Agger
Carra
Robinson
Hendo
Downing
Adam
Spearing
Kuyt
Carroll.

Loads of subs with Ngog,Aqua,Kelly and Sterling now on the pitch.Carroll got the first goal.

3-3 now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

gawa316

GalwayBayBoy

Watched the Valerenga game. A microcosm of our pre-season so far. Good going forward and scoring goals. Even without Suarez and Gerrard. Leaking goals dreadfully at the back though. Really think we need a new left-back and centre-half and badly. Carra is just getting slower by the week and while Agger is good you are taking a big risk depending on him staying fit. Downing played well however. Sent in a great cross for Carroll's goal. Think he will come up with plenty of assists and a few goals this season. Aquaman again had an excellent game. Looks much fitter than his first spell with us. Would be worth holding onto for next season although you get the impression he would prefer a move back home and the club seem happy enough to let him go if the price is right.

naka

defence was dreadful last nite, carra has finally lost whatever pace he had,thought speiring really poor but was content with henderson and aqua was excellent, all we need is cahill and enrique and things will start looking up.

brokencrossbar1

Jova deal to Anterlecht more or less done, frees up some more wage money. Now if Jones, Poulsen and Cole could be shipped off that would be a massive bit of work.

Didn't see the game last night but have to say am a bit concerned about defensive options. Hopefully if a few more players are shipped out it will free up money for 2 more signings at CB and LB.

Bingo

Defence was all at see for first half last night, defenders all out of shape and they got behind them loads, Johnson looked as bad as he'd ever been but as it was his first game of preseason, maybe it was about fitness for him. But still, will need a big improvement for Saturday for confidence and organisation as much as anything.

Second half when they chased the game, they looked more purposeful and impressive.

Still preseason is preseason, roll on the 1st game proper and hopefully not 3 goals against!

Doogie Browser

Heard Dann on SSN last night, a right scally so I would say if the price was right he would go to Anfield - a decent centre half.
Henry also saying 4th is the target this season, fair enough to say it or is it undue pressure?

whitegoodman

Given the money spent compared to Arsenal and Spurs I would say that is fair enough!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 02, 2011, 12:45:46 PM
Heard Dann on SSN last night, a right scally so I would say if the price was right he would go to Anfield - a decent centre half.
Henry also saying 4th is the target this season, fair enough to say it or is it undue pressure?

Dann is a big Liverpool fan alright. I'd say he'd walk to Anfield if he had the chance but depends what kind of money Birmingham are looking for. Seems to have gone quiet on that front though.

deiseach

'Scally' is not a term of endearment

Doogie Browser

Quote from: deiseach on August 02, 2011, 01:27:46 PM

'Scally' is not a term of endearment
Wasn't meant to be.