The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: The Worker on March 30, 2011, 05:56:33 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 30, 2011, 05:26:53 PM
guess who won 2 europa league final tickets today??!!

in other news, guess what t**ser forgot to cancel his application once liverpool went out of the competition.....

:-[

how did you find out, did u get email or was in on your credit card statement

aye, got an email; scared to look at the oul credit card balance, cant mind which one i used!
Laoislad, looks like you may be sorted; i had gotten another pm there meself before this, which i'll reply to now;

on another note, i remember on application they wanted names etc, and names of the potential person you were bringing if successful; if i do sell these on, will this not be an issue for the buyer??

Bingo

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 31, 2011, 09:38:30 AM
Quote from: The Worker on March 30, 2011, 05:56:33 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 30, 2011, 05:26:53 PM
guess who won 2 europa league final tickets today??!!

in other news, guess what t**ser forgot to cancel his application once liverpool went out of the competition.....

:-[

how did you find out, did u get email or was in on your credit card statement

aye, got an email; scared to look at the oul credit card balance, cant mind which one i used!
Laoislad, looks like you may be sorted; i had gotten another pm there meself before this, which i'll reply to now;

on another note, i remember on application they wanted names etc, and names of the potential person you were bringing if successful; if i do sell these on, will this not be an issue for the buyer??

No, it'll not be an issue at all. I had them for the Europa league final last year and when Liverpool fell at the semi stage, I sold them to a Fulham supporter in London and he used them no problem with my name and another lads on them.

brokencrossbar1

QuoteLiverpool FC forgotten man Alberto Aquilani would be happy to return to Anfield

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
Mar 31 2011

ALBERTO AQUILANI is happy to return to Anfield this summer if Juventus don't opt to sign him on a permanent basis.

The 26-year-old midfielder is on a season-long loan with the Italian club after struggling to impress during an injury-ravaged first year with Liverpool.

"The future? I'm at Juve, but I don't know what will happen," he said. "I'm on loan and if I'm not retained I'd go back to Liverpool in the best league in the world. We'll see."

Aquilani has also been linked with a move back to his former club Roma.

Asked if he would go back there, he said: "It is a delicate question. I would do, but I think it will be difficult. As a fan I'm curious to see what happens, especially if they begin to buy players and to revolutionise the team."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/03/31/liverpool-fc-forgotten-man-alberto-aquilani-would-be-happy-to-return-to-anfield-100252-28434194/

Aqualani hinting he may come back as Juve may not be able to pay up.  Would be good business in my view as I reckon we won't get the value for him and will have to pay over the odds for a similar player.  He has been doing well in Italy and would be a better option than paying for Charlie Adam.  CM options of Lucas, Aqua, Merieles, Gerrard, Spearing.  Get rid of Poultice and get in another DM and that would be nice.

quit yo jibbajabba

cheers bingo;

decisions, decisions!!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 31, 2011, 09:55:58 AM
QuoteLiverpool FC forgotten man Alberto Aquilani would be happy to return to Anfield

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
Mar 31 2011

ALBERTO AQUILANI is happy to return to Anfield this summer if Juventus don't opt to sign him on a permanent basis.

The 26-year-old midfielder is on a season-long loan with the Italian club after struggling to impress during an injury-ravaged first year with Liverpool.

"The future? I'm at Juve, but I don't know what will happen," he said. "I'm on loan and if I'm not retained I'd go back to Liverpool in the best league in the world. We'll see."

Aquilani has also been linked with a move back to his former club Roma.

Asked if he would go back there, he said: "It is a delicate question. I would do, but I think it will be difficult. As a fan I'm curious to see what happens, especially if they begin to buy players and to revolutionise the team."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/03/31/liverpool-fc-forgotten-man-alberto-aquilani-would-be-happy-to-return-to-anfield-100252-28434194/

Aqualani hinting he may come back as Juve may not be able to pay up.  Would be good business in my view as I reckon we won't get the value for him and will have to pay over the odds for a similar player.  He has been doing well in Italy and would be a better option than paying for Charlie Adam.  CM options of Lucas, Aqua, Merieles, Gerrard, Spearing.  Get rid of Poultice and get in another DM and that would be nice.

I disagree. Saw nothing in his performances last year that led me to believe he'll cut it in the premiership. If we only got £10 million for him I'd take it and move on.

Minus15

Think we could maybe see the same team that played away to Sunderland today. Spearing deserves his chance and Carragher will once more have to be right back. With Gerrard on the bench should he be needed!

gawa316

Quote from: Minus15 on April 02, 2011, 11:50:55 AM
Think we could maybe see the same team that played away to Sunderland today. Spearing deserves his chance and Carragher will once more have to be right back. With Gerrard on the bench should he be needed!

Hopefully so, Spearing brings energy to the midfield and after the Sunderland game deserves his place. Would like Gerrard on the bench as well coz wouldn't be too hopeful of any of the rest digging us outta a hole

Carmen Stateside

Horrible game so far.  Injuries seem to have upset things.  Why do they keep lumping it to Carroll when they see he is getting frustrated?  Olsen seems to have the measure of him so why not try play a few balls to Suarez feet and get him involved.

Carmen Stateside

West Brom f**king deserved that! Brutal! Hodgson the **** nearly broke out in a smile when the Brom fans were singing his name.  Time to get a few of the young lads to fill in at the back.  Thought Wilson faired ok. The Greek was awful Orange or whatever had to much pace for him.

Minus15

Wilson was terrible today. He is so slow! Maybe he looked good in Scotland because he was playing alongside David Weir. He was caught out of position so many times allowing Odemwingie to just take Kyrgiakos on all he wanted. Thought the first one wasnt a pen and the second definitely was! Was beginning to think we had a slight chance of cathcing city and spurs! With spurs drawing today that is a big disappointment. Massive changes needed in the summer. When you go to West Brom and your keeper is your best player you are in trouble.

Carmen Stateside

Bit unfair there. It was long hopeful balls upfield by West Brom that caught the Greek out.  Something a central defender should be able to deal with.  Wilson wasnt at fault for either goal.  Add the fact he is a CB i thought he played ok.

Minus15

Except doing ok isn't really good enough. But we all know that there is a lot of players there that hopefully won't be come the summer. The only players Liverpool should be actively looking to hold onto long-term are Reina, Agger, Kuyt, Gerrard, Meireles, Lucas, Carroll, Johnson, Suarez, Kelly and Carragher. The remainder to be honest will probably be moved on within the next 18 months if this rebuilding takes proper shape. There are much better players out there than what we currently have. A real lack of leadership on show today in the absence of Gerrard once again! Build up play was so ponderous at times

Milltown Row2

What would Liverpool want  right now, beating Utd or beating the teams you're meant to beat?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2011, 11:00:15 PM
What would Liverpool want  right now, beating Utd or beating the teams you're meant to beat?

yeah.

From the Bunker

Well yesterday finished off the season for Liverpool as regards Europa League (and the always impossible CL). Time now to set out stalll for next season, although secretly I'd say Dalglish had been in that mindframe for a while now.

As what happens with a club with 3 diferent managers in a season, the club have an array of players who were fancied by the previous two managers and a surplus to requirements for the present man. Players who are out of favour will probably get little or no game time from here in as results mean Jack.

Signings will be tough to come by over the summer as there is no Champions league football or money. On the positive side, no midweek Europe games, which cuts down on travelling, injuries and helps concentrate on Domestic Cups and the (Holy Grail) Premiership. Of our important players, Reina is the biggest player to keep and also the most likely to leave, alot of Liverpools season will hinge on his decision to stay.

Although Liverool can beat most of the (so called) big teams, their points tally tells a sad story, away form has been poor. In summary it is hard to see anything better next season.