The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2018, 10:14:50 AM
It was neither a red or a yellow, he got caught with a player coming in from outside his line of vision and couldnt get stopped in time.

Anywhere on the pitch it is a foul, so it should have been a pen. Fact it was inside the last seconds was just unfortunate but dont think there is a massive arguement to be had on it.

Think there was some contact so can see why it was given. Doesn't take away from the fact that Lamela was offside though.

Maroon Manc

The rules of the game need to be looked at, too many pens given for sod all and their just encouraging players to cheat. The first pen was clearly offside and the 2nd one he's just jumped in front of Van Dijk with no intention of controlling the ball.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 05, 2018, 11:09:44 AM
The rules of the game need to be looked at, too many pens given for sod all and their just encouraging players to cheat. The first pen was clearly offside and the 2nd one he's just jumped in front of Van Dijk with no intention of controlling the ball.

I agree with this.
You will get plenty arguing the technicalities of how both were penalties, but it doesn't change the fact that both where incredibly soft.The way the game and implementation of rules has changed it certainly does encourage cheating/diving
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Gary Neville was laughable on commentary yesterday.
He was shouting so loud for a peno yesterday I'd say the ref and linesman heard him.
Also not to call out Kane for diving for the first peno amd Dele Alli for diving when he got booked is just typical of the English media.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on February 05, 2018, 11:13:21 AM
Gary Neville was laughable on commentary yesterday.
He was shouting so loud for a peno yesterday I'd say the ref and linesman heard him.
Also not to call out Kane for diving for the first peno amd Dele Alli for diving when he got booked is just typical of the English media.

Kane can do no wrong in the eyes of the English media.
A poor performance and a  dive to win a penalty which he subsequently missed wasn't enough to stop them fawning over him post match
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Esmarelda

What I don't get is how Dermot Gallagher, on the Sky Sports website, has looked at both and still thinks the first one was a penalty. Surely when Kane is offside from the initial pass then that means it can't be a penalty? I'm a bit lost on that one.

thewobbler

I don't really get how anyone can describe the first penalty as offside while not also describing Salah's first as offside. It's the same rule kept them both onside.

laoislad

Quote from: Esmarelda on February 05, 2018, 11:20:08 AM
What I don't get is how Dermot Gallagher, on the Sky Sports website, has looked at both and still thinks the first one was a penalty. Surely when Kane is offside from the initial pass then that means it can't be a penalty? I'm a bit lost on that one.
And to make it worse neither the Ref or the linesman actually knew if Lovern touched the ball. How could they give it if they didn't know what happend.
Anyway offside or not he dived so it wasn't even a penalty.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: thewobbler on February 05, 2018, 11:22:27 AM
I don't really get how anyone can describe the first penalty as offside while not also describing Salah's first as offside. It's the same rule kept them both onside.
They arent really comparable though are they?
Kane is offside from the initial pass (which is intended for him), before it gets a touch off Lovren.

Milltown Row2

Look over the season these things even themselves out, some penalties you win and some you give away, be different if the race for the top was still on but securing top 4 wont be a problem for Liverpool, actually think they have played pretty well considering the loss of players to other clubs...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Saw a transcript of the ref speaking to his assistant for the first pen, not a notion did either have
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thewobbler

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 05, 2018, 11:36:45 AM
Kane is offside from the initial pass (which is intended for him), before it gets a touch off Lovren.

So two players receive the ball in areas which would have been offside had the previous touch come from an opposing player, but the situations aren't comparable?

FFS try to be objective.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: thewobbler on February 05, 2018, 11:48:16 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 05, 2018, 11:36:45 AM

So two players receive the ball in areas which would have been offside had the previous touch come from an opposing player, but the situations aren't comparable?

FFS try to be objective.

One of them was a pass played by one attacking player through to a teammate already in an offside position, which got a touch from a defender on the way through.

The other was a back pass from a defender latched onto by the attacker.

The point is that Kane was already offside when the original ball was played, regardless of Lovrens touch.

So no they aren't the same, no matter how you look at it.

thewobbler

If Dier's backpass had have grazed Firmino on way through then Salah would have been ruled offside.

Of course they're the same thing you numpty.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: thewobbler on February 05, 2018, 12:08:12 PM
If Dier's backpass had have grazed Firmino on way through then Salah would have been ruled offside.

Of course they're the same thing you numpty.

If you cant see the difference, then I give up.