Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Tony Baloney was right about you ross..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

Quote from: laoislad on March 04, 2011, 08:12:36 PM

Conspiracy theories i love em
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on March 04, 2011, 08:12:36 PM
Don't bring me into it. Although I probably was right.

Family guy

Is it just me or does heiniken smell like grass,and i dont mean the grass that cows eat  :D

laoislad

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 04, 2011, 06:18:31 PM
Really hard to beat an ice cold pint of Kronenbourg 1664 (in the southern French sunshine if lucky enough).

Had a look for this in Superquinn yesterday but no joy.
Where do you buy it? Apart from somewhere in Southern France that is.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: laoislad on April 10, 2011, 11:13:33 AM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 04, 2011, 06:18:31 PM
Really hard to beat an ice cold pint of Kronenbourg 1664 (in the southern French sunshine if lucky enough).

Had a look for this in Superquinn yesterday but no joy.
Where do you buy it? Apart from somewhere in Southern France that is.

Not going to help you, I know but I was surprised to find Kronenburg on tap in the Cottesloe hotel, Perth the other day. Great spot for a Super Sunday!!
Hasta la victoria siempre

gallsman

Currently over in Germany for a few months with work and some of the Kolsch is absolutely gorgeous.

gawa316

Having a couple of bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale, lovely stuff. Couldn't believe when I seen it so popular in California.

Also got a couple of Old Empire IPA, quality stuff.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on April 16, 2011, 11:13:01 PM
Having a couple of bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale, lovely stuff. Couldn't believe when I seen it so popular in California.

I like most beers but never took to the broon ale. Was in the States during the week and there seemed to be a good few drinking it.

gawa316

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2011, 11:29:49 PM

I like most beers but never took to the broon ale. Was in the States during the week and there seemed to be a good few drinking it.

Only started in the last year on all ales. Feck I've been missing out. Love an oul Smithwicks but the 'Broon Ale' is good stuff as well. Going to brew a batch of my own ale in the next couple of months

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on April 16, 2011, 11:44:34 PM

Only started in the last year on all ales. Feck I've been missing out. Love an oul Smithwicks but the 'Broon Ale' is good stuff as well. Going to brew a batch of my own ale in the next couple of months
I'd take it over "yella beer" any day of the week. Would have spent a fair amount of time around the Lake District and Peak District in my younger years and you'd have been strung up for ordering anything other than the local ale.

Puckoon

Should have given us a shout Tony.

Newkey brown is shocking. Stupid Yanks can't get enough of it though.

muppet

Quote from: Puckoon on April 18, 2011, 08:40:26 PM

I used to drink Sam Adams (summer ale?). Didn't like much else over there.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on April 18, 2011, 08:40:26 PM

Philly is a long way from you squire.............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Sam adams summer ale isnt bad at all and the boston lager is surprisingly good. Anchor steam do a summer ale that I think is cracking - and considering I am scared of those bolder beers, thats impressive.