Samsung TV Help

Started by tyroneman, November 23, 2018, 11:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Have had a Samsung Smart tv for a coule months now - everything going grand....then

Last night it just stopped connecting to the WiFi (everything else  - phone etc - connects fine).

Tried all the usual resets etc (even a factory reset), firmware is up to date and nothing seems to work - it either doesn't connect to the Router, connects to Router but not to the internet or connects for 2-3 min then drops again.

Anyone had similar problems?

I read that if there are problems with Samsung's own servers this can affect internet connection - but is my TV really routing through there??

gallsman

andoireabu

Does anyone have problems using the Smart View feature on the Samsung phone with a Samsung TV?  I have an S7 and a Samsung Smart TV but when I try to mirror the phone screen to the TV they won't connect.  It used to work perfectly but there was an automatic software update and it hasn't worked right since.  When I select the Smart View feature in the toolbar there is a tv in the list it tries to connect to but it isn't mine (think it is the neighbours).  My TV is never on the list even though the phone and tv are in the same room and connected to the same internet. 

Tried the whole switch it off and on again on both devices and the internet gear but no joy.  It might work once every ten attempts but seems to be by pot luck.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!