best 15 heavyweight intercounty players ever

Started by the Deel Rover, July 26, 2007, 11:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue06

Another heavyweight that's come to mind is John Nallen (Meath) - he formerly played for both Galway and Mayo. He was a bank official, I think - hence the nomadic career.

He also played with Cavan.  He is an uncle of James current Mayo player.

Hardy

I thought I remembered that he played for Cavan too, after Meath, but I wasn't sure. Didn't know he was related to James. They certainly don't look alike!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on July 28, 2007, 02:13:06 PM
I thought I remembered that he played for Cavan too, after Meath, but I wasn't sure. Didn't know he was related to James. They certainly don't look alike!

ye he is james uncle ,i met him at his brothers funeral a few weeks ago didn't look that big a man.He was supposed to be a handy footballer in his day.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

orangeman

Frank Mc Guigan was a very big man - he used his sizeable rear to shake men off - one shake of that rear and his marker would have been thrown off - seriously he was a big man but exceptionally strong -
What about Big John Carroll who played for Tipp today - 16 stone and rising  -

Big Eamonn Quayle who played for us was a very strong and exceptionally talented man for being 6 foot 5 or so. He was asked to play for Tyrone for numerous occasions but was dedicated to the club.