Road to be named after GAA star

Started by Lecale2, July 26, 2007, 07:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Hill

The Stevie from Killeavey Roundabout on the Newry bypass!!!!!!!!!
"Stercus accidit"

mannix

m50 is called after the meath team,m for meath and 50 for the amount of thumps they land in a game on average.

neutral

They reckon County Meaths named after a team of thugs. 

Fishead_Sam

neutral

On a seperate issue does anyone know wher Ringsend is?

thebandit

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Cork is named after the object stuck up Colm O'Rourkes hole.
Ask me holy bollix

qub la la la

qub la la la

MARSden has a whole planet named after him  :D  :D

Lecale2

The cathderal in Monaghan is called St McCartan's after James Senior.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: neutral on July 26, 2007, 01:04:31 PM
On a seperate issue does anyone know wher Ringsend is?

If your talking Politics its Westport, Michael Rings end of the Country.

If your talking Sport its County Cork, Christy Rings end of the Country.

ziggysego

We named an entire town after former Tyrone manager Art McCrory

Testing Accessibility

his holiness nb

We named our county after our gaelic football team  :o
Ask me holy bollix

Kerry Mike

In Tralee we have the John Joe Sheehy road, the Dan Spring Roundabout and I think a JJ Landers roundabout. We have Stacks park named after Austin Stack while in Killarney, Fitzgerald Stadium is named after dual All Ireland winning captain Dick Fitzgerald. He was the last Kerry captain in 1913-1914 to captain back to back winning Kerry teams. If Declan O'Sullivan can lead us to glory this year, he will join him as a double captain. John Joe Sheehy and Joe Barrett also captained winning teams twice but there were a few years between the wins, Joe Barret would have been a double winning captain in 1931 and 1932 only for him handing the captaincy to Con Brosnan in 1931 thus healing a civil war divide as Con Brosnan was in the regular free state army and Barrett had strong ties to the IRA.

While probably unique in any county there are 2 GAA grounds named after a father and son in Kerry. JP O'Sullivan was a member of the first Kerry team to play in an All Ireland, and Laune Rangers grounds in Killorglin is named after him, while his son the legendary Dr Eamonn O'Sullivan, trainer of 8 winning Kerry teams from the 1920's to the 1960's, has the grounds in Firies named after him. The Stand in Fitzgerald Stadium is also named after Eamonn.

Mick O' Dwyer has a chipper named after him, Micko's, in Killorglin. Question is will he get a more lasting recognition in the years to come.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football