C'mon Laois. Leinster Council Chairman gets stuck in to RTE

Started by Bud Wiser, July 25, 2007, 09:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Add the end of the day i blame the GAA not RTE. Its a simple matter of contracting what matchs must be shown, So if they wanted the football qualifiers shown it should of been in black and white and rte would have no option but to show it same with CR and NR cups 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on July 26, 2007, 08:57:32 AM
Add the end of the day i blame the GAA not RTE. Its a simple matter of contracting what matchs must be shown, So if they wanted the football qualifiers shown it should of been in black and white and rte would have no option but to show it same with CR and NR cups 

I dont really think the general public would of been to interested in watching the CR last week anyway. that Liam O'Neill is a p***k, he's always moaning about some shite!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Fair Play

What are ye going on about Dr Cullen Park for? There was no match there at weekend. CR semis were in Tullamore

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 25, 2007, 10:06:35 PM
The dubs are still upset Liam O'Neill had the cheek to speak up against them after Leinster Final  ::)

Dont let the name fool you Laoislad, this lad aint a GAA fan.
He has nothing but contempt for the GAA, he claimed previously to be a GAA fan to bolster his argument but was caught out badly.
He is a Shamrock Rovers fan who signed up here to have a go at Thomas Davis and the GAA in general.
I am not following the case meticulousy but I wonder has O'Neill possibly said anything in support of Thomas Davis ?  :-\
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Suprised setanta arent showing them as I would imagine they would gain as much interest as the league games, I could be wrong.
Especially now that its the break in the soccer seasons and we dont have such blockbusters as Hearts V Dunfermline to lighten up our saturday afternoons!!
Ask me holy bollix

Star Spangler

QuotePat Spillane looks like he is shouting into the camera, as if there is a gale force wind blowing in the studio"
:D  :D

magpie seanie

Glad to see someone in the higher echelons of the GAA tell RTE how shite they are at GAA coverage. I'd much rather pay Setanta 18 euro a month than those idiots in Montrose the licence fee.

DJGaliv

About time someone in GAA officialdom spoke out about RTÉ's coverage. Instead of showing the Cork Louth game on Saturday, according to tv listings they had planned to show a film titled "The Richest Cat in the World", a TV movie from 1986.
f**king hell.

magpie seanie

Yeah, I was raging when I stuck the telly on to watch Galway v. Meath and realised I'd missed nearly all of Cork v. Louth. Gimps.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThe Richest Cat in the World", a TV movie from 1986

In Fairness, its a classic. The where he tried to corner the worlds supply of whiskas would be hard to top.

thechampishere

What makes me laugh is that i emailed the gaa before the first two qualifiers were played. The email was regarding which of this weekends matches wouold be on live, and the reply i got stated that contractually, RTE weren't allowed to show more than one match live on ANY given saturday, and that a decision would be made at a later date. Now, what logical reason is there for RTE to not show the Laois V Derry match live as they had planned to, as well as showing the two hurling qf's. They've done double headers from different grounds before so why not this time???

Fans that can't get to Breffni for the match are now gonna miss out. Had RTE stated at an earlier date that the match wouldn't be live, I'd say that the turnout at the ground would have been close to capacity, not saying that it won't be.

RTE are a joke, plain and simple