Quarter Finals Tickets

Started by Kerry Mike, July 25, 2007, 07:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

For everyone except the Jackeens, tickets for the other 3 Football Quarter finals and the 2 Hurling Semi Finals are out on Ticketmaster. 

Just pulled a few handy ones for the Lower Hogan Section 332, If I take the boots and a hurley I might sneak in with the subs.
Just got them by email too, its a great system for those away from the home club.

Anyway for Tyrone, Sligo and Kerry heads get on now while the good seats are available.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/lktbpd?brand=ie_gaa&camefrom=CFC_IE_GAA_WEBLINK
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

And of course there is always a fecking catch, because we have been lumped in with a Hurling Semi Final on the Sunday to allow all the Jackeens have the place to themselves the day before we in Kerry and our opponents in the last football quarter final have been screwed for €45 a ticket compared to €35 for the other quarter finals. 

So another reason for Meath, Laois/Derry or Monaghan/Donegal not to be pulled with Kerry in the draw next Sunday, as you and yours will be paying an extra tenner each for the pleasure. We will say nothing about the 10% booking fee from Ticketmaster  >:(
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Elias

That's scandalous alright KM. Just goy my tickets sorted for the 1/4 next Saturday, but didn't trust the "emailed tickets" thingy, call me old fashioned...

Why the €10 hike for the Kerry 1/4 final? Are all semi finals gonna be €45? Seems steep is it not?

Hound

€10 is a small price to pay to get the bonus of an All Ireland semi  ;)

It was the same last year, €45 for semis, and Laois/Mayo had to pay that for their quarters.

The price of tickets for Dublin/Offaly was higher than for any other provincial semi-final. I think there was a reason for it but I can't remember what it was...

Elias

Quote from: Hound on July 25, 2007, 08:33:45 PM
€10 is a small price to pay to get the bonus of an All Ireland semi  ;)

It was the same last year, €45 for semis, and Laois/Mayo had to pay that for their quarters.

The price of tickets for Dublin/Offaly was higher than for any other provincial semi-final. I think there was a reason for it but I can't remember what it was...

Fair point Hound, I can't remember what i paid for my tickets for the last semi i was at two years ago, could have been €45, maybe cheaper.

I was just happy to get a ticket no doubt

magpie seanie

Just got our club allocation and I'm fuming. The BEST tickets we got are worse than some of the ones available this morning on Ticketmaster. We have 3 players on the Sligo panel and had 3 on the minor panel. We field the most teams of any club in the county between football, hurling and ladies. A f**king disgrace.

Gnevin

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 26, 2007, 11:07:59 AM
Just got our club allocation and I'm fuming. The BEST tickets we got are worse than some of the ones available this morning on Ticketmaster. We have 3 players on the Sligo panel and had 3 on the minor panel. We field the most teams of any club in the county between football, hurling and ladies. A f**king disgrace.
Where are they for?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Whats the deal with ticketmaster anyway, surely the best tickets should go to the clubs first???
Ask me holy bollix

magpie seanie

QuoteWhere are they for?

The best tickets we got are on the end line in the Cusack lower. 310.

Tyrone Dreamer

They might think that because Sligo havent had to many big games in Croke Park  that they wont care were there tickets are for. You'd think the middle tickets should be split evenly between the 4 counties and ticketmaster get the corner ones. Im sure the ground wont be near full unless its Tyrone Meath in the 2nd game and even then I d be supised if there was much over 60000. Will there be a huge Sligo turnout? Youd have to think they'll bring 15000+.

his holiness nb

Whats the population of Sligo incidentally?
Ask me holy bollix

magpie seanie

Population of the county is about 58-60k approx. Couldn't see much more than 15k going if that. Will be nowhere near a sellout unless Meath are involved.

Tyrone Dreamer

Would have thought with all the hype Sligo would have brought 15-20000 but maybe that kind of fanbase isnt there. I know in the mid nineties when Tyrone were winning ulsters they'd bring up to 30000 to the next game in croke park. We'd only get that kind of support these days if we reached an All Ireland semi final. Thought the novelty factor might have brought out a lot of new supporters for Sligo. If it was Sligo v Donegal/Monaghan and Tyrone/Meath there'd be a huge crowd. Dont forget the pulling power of Antrim and Wicklow in the Tommy Murphy cup final! Is Sligo definately the 2 o'clock game or is that not decided yet?

his holiness nb

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 26, 2007, 11:37:43 AM
Population of the county is about 58-60k approx. Couldn't see much more than 15k going if that. Will be nowhere near a sellout unless Meath are involved.

In fairness 15K out of a total of 58-60 is quite impressive.
Ask me holy bollix

baoithe

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 26, 2007, 01:29:35 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 26, 2007, 11:37:43 AM

In fairness 15K out of a total of 58-60 is quite impressive.

The official population of Sligo is 60,894.
Seanie that allocation is pretty bad. I bought mine through the club too but don't know where I'm situated. Funnily enough we were in section 310 for Tyrone game in 2002.
In terms of the crowd I think we can expect more than 15,000. I don't think that's being over optimistic as there are people travelling this weekend that have never been in Croke Park.
HisHoliness, as is the case with most western counties there are alot of people living away from Sligo so the attendance will not be derived from the population of the county alone.