Players who are universally liked/admired...

Started by 5 Sams, July 25, 2007, 05:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollow Man

I heard a great exchange about David Brady

"Jaysus he loves himself"

"I know, sure if he could turn around quick enough he'd ride himself!"

;D

mayoman dan

james nallen                                                                                                                                                                                                                         peter canavan                                                                                                                                                                                                                      dj carey

Homer

Forgot to mention Tony Scullion - Derry, ate full-forwards for breakfast.

Goin Down

Armagh - McGeeney
Cavan - McCabe, Morris, Micheal Hannon, Ronan Flanagan
Cork - Canty, S O O H
Derry - .
Down - Linden
Dublin - His Holiness NB
Fermanagh - .
Galway - .
Kerry - .
Kildare - Earley
Laois - .
Mayo - David Brady, C McD, C Mort, A Dillon, B Moran, A Moran, D Heaney, R McGarrity, etc.
Meath - Darren Fay, Trevor Giles, Graham G
Offaly - Niall McNamee
Tipperary - Declan Browne
Tyrone - Sean Cavanagh, Peter Canavan, Brian McGuigan
Westmeath - Dessie Dolan, Joe Fallon, P Tormey
Remember This.

neutral

Tyrone: Paudge Quinn; Hugh Douglas and Pat Mc Keown

SeanSouth

Quote from: hardstation on July 25, 2007, 05:30:32 PM
Hurling - Sean Og O hAilpin, Damian Fitzhenry, Henry Shefflin, Joe Deane, Sambo Mc Naughton.

Are you for real Hardstation?

Datsun Donaghy

QuoteQuote
Jasysus Dinny, Paul Galvin, he is a filthy hoor!

You'd still love him in a Kildare Jersey, always have a soft spot for players with a bit of a an edge in him

But in a Kildare jersey he'd never finish a game and would end up with a 15 year ban before the end of his first season!!!!!!!!

SeanSouth

Quote from: hardstation on July 27, 2007, 12:47:24 AM
Quote from: SeanSouth on July 26, 2007, 09:26:25 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 25, 2007, 05:30:32 PM
Hurling - Sean Og O hAilpin, Damian Fitzhenry, Henry Shefflin, Joe Deane, Sambo Mc Naughton.

Are you for real Hardstation?
Yes and it's hardstation to you. Apart from whacking some Ballycastle boy (who said bold things about his family) over the head in a club game, he is the only hurling player in Ulster that I would rate as being up there with the best of them and a gentleman at the same time.
Why do you disagree?
He refused you service in his pub because you are only 16. Ahh, now i get it. ::)

You are entitled to your opinion, in my opinion and, a fair few ones in Cushendall, he wasnt even the best player in that great Cushendall/Antrim half back line of James Mc Naughton/Leonard Mc Keegan/ Sambo. But none of those courted the publicity/celebrity status the way Sambo did.Put it like this if he ever released another "autobiography" a good title would be "The Ego has landed"........

downredblack

The unsung hero that is Alan Molloy (In Down anyway).

heineken_on_tap

From the West -

Mayo -   James Nallen (man is  a pure legend)
Galway - Ja Fallon
Leitrim -  Maxwell
Sligo - I suppose all the current team!

And finally my own team the Rossies  - Stephen Lohan - ok he wasnt around this year but is a pure gentlman and well liked by all . Tony McManus - not many could say a bad word against him..

neutral

Has Nallen the record for the number of non winning all Ireland final appearances - by my count - 5.