You Are a Good Manager if,,

Started by Bud Wiser, July 25, 2007, 10:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

(a) You get your team right for the play offs?
or,
(b) You get the ref changed because you prefer one from Laois?

(a) You want to impress your team building procedures and you give all the team a few hundred quid spending money and bring them to the Bud Weiser Derby (because you can't affor La Manga?
or
(b) you bring them to an adventure resort, equip them with paint ball guns and one shoots the other in the face and he ends up in hospital?

(a) A player turns up 15 minutes late for training on one occasion and you send him home to make an example of him in front of other members of the panel and then tell the papers to let him know he is dropped off the panel?
or
(b) You call him aside AFTER the training session because he might have a personal problem, like an 350,000 mortgage hanging around his neck that his job is depending on and you promise to help him through any difficulties he has.

(a) You have three of your very best players who are injured like Tyrone have at the moment.  You moan about it in the papers and emphasise the loss they will be and the reduction the chances you have of winning as a consequence?
or
(b) Do what Harte dioes, make the replacements feel every bit as important and get on with it and if you loose you don't crib but say the other team were better on the day?

(a) Your team are beaten in a provincial final. You refer to them as "They" "The Lads", ie, the lads didn't play well and kicked a lot of wasted passes...I don't know how they will recover from this defeat..etc
or
(b) "My lads, "Our lads" etc,, ie, Our lads put in a tremendous fight, they kept at it right up to the final whistle, the goal aginst them was crucial but our lads have the charachter to come back from this. We will be back together training next week.

(a) I am delighted to be given the opportunity to manage the county team, my heart is in gaelic football and I would walk across burning coals in my bare feet to be given this opportunity.
or
(b) I will take the job on offer but on my terms, I want mileage allowance for the miless I present without any of ye sticking ye'r head into my Merc to read the clock, I want a nice house with free accomodation during my term and all my little expenses, no matter how calculated will always add up to not less than 100,000 euro a year. I want a two year contract (by which time I should be two thirds of the way through writing my book which will clearly define my reasons for moving on)

(a) I hate the papers or worse, lately they have them fecking discussion forums on the World Wide Web or whatever they call it suggesting what team I should pick. They are right about two positions and I had already made that decision,
or
(b) Them  feckers are right but if I make that change now I will be seen to be bowing to outside pressure so I will do it differently just to be seen to be different.

Would you be an (a) or a (b) manager?

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

full back

Bud Wiser

Well in today's paper it says's Laois hopes are dashed for the game against Derry due to injuries. Heads down before we even head up the road.

Also in the indo, Donegal player ends up in hospital after being shot in the face with a paintball gun.

At the start of the year Laois, if you could believe everyone, had such a strong panel it didn't matter if we lost the whole team through injury because we had a second one to back them up.. It appears now that Laois U21's who played Cork in The All-Ireland Final will be playing Derry on Sunday, after all our manager is not afraid to make changes. Expect to see Fergal Byron retained though and perhaps playing on the half back line or somewhere.

MaroonAndWhite

You Are a Good Manager if................you're not Peter Ford!

illdecide

Quote from: MaroonAndWhite on July 25, 2007, 12:40:47 PM
You Are a Good Manager if................you're not Peter Ford!

Or Paddy O Rourke or Ross Carr ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

we are blue... etc

If a certain manager was able to answer (a) to all the questions, what would they win?
(Not an All-Ireland anyway I would think)

The Real Laoislad

Not a fan of Liam Kearns then Bud?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fishead_Sam

neilthemac

John Maughan anyone? doesn't even talk to the local papers anymore, cause of the slating he is apparently getting.

all of it merited. yet he is always the first man to the papers about how hard Ros are training and his opinions on the qualifier system.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: neilthemac on July 26, 2007, 12:06:20 AM
John Maughan anyone? doesn't even talk to the local papers anymore, cause of the slating he is apparently getting.

all of it merited. yet he is always the first man to the papers about how hard Ros are training and his opinions on the qualifier system.

Sure he is in the Local Paper every week (the Mayo Advertiser  ;)  )