Limerick Hooligans

Started by Tankie, July 24, 2007, 03:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

QuoteIarnrod Eireann beef up security
23 July 2007

Iarnrod Eireann plans to employ extra security on trains bringing GAA fans to Croke Park for this weekend's All-Ireland hurling quarter-finals.

Security arrangements are being reviewed this week for trains bound for Dublin from Limerick after a number of unsavoury incidents earlier this month involving Limerick trains to hurling matches.

Before the Munster final on July 8, fighting broke out in Limerick's Colbert Station between a pair of travelling supporters and two other individuals who were also understood to be waiting for the Thurles-bound train.

Security will be stepped up inside Colbert Station as hundreds of supporters from the county and neighbouring Clare depart for Croke Park for Sunday's clash between the two counties.

Iarnod Eireann confirmed that a small amount of vandalism had taken place on trains after Limerick's last match in Thurles against Waterford.

This is very poor from the Limerick fans, this is the type of thing that should not be going on in the GAA!
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Thats poor form. Lets not sully the good name GAA fans have. (yeah yeah except the dubs)
Ask me holy bollix

Tankie

It must have been dubs dressed in limerick jerseys :P ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

Kerry Mike

The Dubs have been known to wreck a few trains in their day too.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Hurler on the Bitch

Tankie

I love how quite the culchies are on this issue. kn**ker wreck a train which cost us the tax payer money and they say nothing, a dublin player points to a score bored and they write 12pages!!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Quote from: Tankie on July 25, 2007, 08:21:39 AM
I love how quite the culchies are on this issue. kn**ker wreck a train which cost us the tax payer money and they say nothing, a dublin player points to a score bored and they write 12pages!!!!
But  pointing to a score board is a war crime ,Ii heard the two lad are being called the to the Hauge
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

mannix

Every county has its share of knackers and trouble makers.Drink and mouthing off starts most fights and there are in my experience plenty of young fellas will fight very easily when they have back up, of course they are more relaxed if they have to go one on one but thats the way ti is.
No drink should be allowed on those trains in either direction, simple answer.

Tankie

I don't see why drink should be banned because a shower of culchies get hammered on the way to the match. i was on a train from castlebar to dublin for the league game and there were no issue's and everyone was drinking. Should the genuine fans not police these trains to make sure this doesnt happen????
Grand Slam Saturday!

aontroim

Tankie wtf would you know about paying taxes  ;)

Tankie

Quote from: aontroim on July 25, 2007, 09:35:43 AM
Tankie wtf would you know about paying taxes  ;)

Judging by your username i'd say alot more than you ;D :P
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Good to see this being quietly being swept under the rug .
::)
31 V 1 or what
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fear ón Srath Bán

The only train I was ever on where there's was any trouble from the fans was on a train full of Dubs on the way back from Cork (surprise, surprise, but just for some balance  ;)).  In their wisdom, Iarnród Eireann had shut up the dining car to deprive the masses of violence-fuelling jungle-juice, so the blue-jersied masses decided to help themselves, and wrecked half the train in the process.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

full back

forkinknife, sorry tankie should wind his neck in ffs.
Obviously this is a minority of Limerick fans at this craic, the same as it was a minority of fans doin coke in the hill toilets.
Every county has its fair share of scum element & I bet you sure as hell, every county wish there was no scumbags following their team

Gnevin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 25, 2007, 02:16:31 PM
The only train I was ever on where there's was any trouble from the fans was on a train full of Dubs on the way back from Cork (surprise, surprise, but just for some balance  ;)).  In their wisdom, Iarnród Eireann had shut up the dining car to deprive the masses of violence-fuelling jungle-juice, so the blue-jersied masses decided to help themselves, and wrecked half the train in the process.
Can you post a link to shocking news story or did you use the b/s dub story generator where you just name a place , an act and an insult and it comes up with the rest of the story of you?

ps i cant wait for someone to post how their 80 year old granny was made to stand and dance for the dubs on the train before and how she still hasnt gotten over it   ::)