All Blacks and Beckham to play in Croke Park

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 22, 2007, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Seems as if the goalposts have shifted so to speak. We were told initially that the stadium was being opened for essential matches as a goodwill gesture. It now seems that money is taking over. The gaa are giving soccer and rugby unprecented revenue making potential. Although people say the gaa can invest the money at grassroots to attract  more children etc. Did they never think that soccer and rubgy are making more out of the games than the gaa and thus can invest even more at grassroots level than the gaa. They already have a number of advantages over the gaa such as the international dimension and huge publicity. Id rather the GAA concentrated on getting more people and more matches into our own games in croke park.

Tyrone Dreamer

I see there's talk in the papers croke park will stay opne beyond 2009 for big soccer and rugby games. It looks like everything said to get the stadium open was a lie and the no camp werent being paranoid and exagerating as was said when points like this were raised. As was said once these games started they'll be there for good. Landsdowne will host a lot of games but the big one's will be in croke park. I can see the financial sense of the deal though.

his holiness nb

They should play the Leinster final a day before an International soccer game.
Sure us Dubs would have the pitch in bits for them!  ;D
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 26, 2007, 02:32:37 PM

Or the Dublin footballers could just play both the soccer and GAA matches because

A- They'd probably be better soccer players than the current lot of Irish Internationals and
B- Dublin Footballers/fans are practically a soccer club anyways
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 26, 2007, 02:47:06 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on July 26, 2007, 02:32:37 PM

Or the Dublin footballers could just play both the soccer and GAA matches because

A- They'd probably be better soccer players than the current lot of Irish Internationals and

Hows your fantasy Premiership team going LL????? ::) ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 26, 2007, 02:47:06 PM

Laoislad, arent you the guy who only changes his avatar from Liverpool to Laois during the summer  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Yep thats me and i will be doing it again come the winter!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 26, 2007, 03:24:02 PM
Yep thats me and i will be doing it again come the winter!!

Could you really do that to Debbie??  :-\
Ask me holy bollix

Rossfan

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 26, 2007, 01:31:40 PM
I see there's talk in the papers croke park will stay opne beyond 2009 for big soccer and rugby games.
Is this not another Breheny Bullshit non story??
Nobody is quoted no evidence etc just a comment that the extra 30,000 capacity would generate more money for FAI/IRFU and rent for GAA.
Sure why not forget about Lansdowne Road atogether?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM