Misrepresenting the GAA

Started by Pangurban, July 20, 2007, 11:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangurban

Browsing through the posts on this board over the last few weeks, it struck me how unrepresentative this forum is of 99% of the ordinary,average GAA fan. As a Downman i have stood amongst the Dubs on the hill, while our team thrashed them on the field, drank with Meathmen after defeating them in AI final, had the best of craic with Kerry,Galway,Tyrone,Armagh supporters and those from all the other counties we have encountered over the years. Never at any time have i heard views expressed of the tone or nature we read daily on this forum. It would appear that this discussion board has become the spiritual home of the 1% who have rejected the GAA ethos and adopted an ourselves alone policy, where every other Co.are deemed to Bastards,Thugs and Cheats. I seriously doubt that half the posters here ever attend a game,and i would have to say thank god for that small mercy.

johnpower

Quote from: Pangurban on July 20, 2007, 11:46:39 PM
Browsing through the posts on this board over the last few weeks, it struck me how unrepresentative this forum is of 99% of the ordinary,average GAA fan. As a Downman i have stood amongst the Dubs on the hill, while our team thrashed them on the field, drank with Meathmen after defeating them in AI final, had the best of craic with Kerry,Galway,Tyrone,Armagh supporters and those from all the other counties we have encountered over the years. Never at any time have i heard views expressed of the tone or nature we read daily on this forum. It would appear that this discussion board has become the spiritual home of the 1% who have rejected the GAA ethos and adopted an ourselves alone policy, where every other Co.are deemed to Bastards,Thugs and Cheats. I seriously doubt that half the posters here ever attend a game,and i would have to say thank god for that small mercy.

In all fairness that is going back a bit . There is a younger generation attending matches now ,Any way in 2004 the dubs did not need a stand alone 1/4 and the ground was not full ,

ONeill

Quote from: Pangurban on July 20, 2007, 11:46:39 PM

For the love of God Pangurban. This board mixes the serious with the craic. If you believe all you read on this board, you're definitely not winning. I can honestly say I've shared a pint or two with a couple of posters here who I've had heated slagging with. Tis all in the name of fun.

Ok, let's live in your world for a while. Kerry men are lovely athletes. Conor M has delightful hair. Those Dubs are lovable cheeky chappys. I love apples from Blackwatertown.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

INDIANA

i think your post is the biggest load of rubbish i've ever read i've been going to the hill for 25 years now as well as hundreds of club games. If i were you i'd concentrate on the stae of Down football rather than making ridiculous remarks that hve little or no foundation.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: INDIANA on July 21, 2007, 12:01:50 AM
i think your post is the biggest load of rubbish i've ever read i've been going to the hill for 25 years now as well as hundreds of club games. If i were you i'd concentrate on the stae of Down football rather than making ridiculous remarks that hve little or no foundation.

You told me on numerous occasions you only starting going to the Hill after a near death experience with Laois fans 3 years ago....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fear ón Srath Bán

What a useless subject Pangurban, and no harm. There's not a poster here I wouldn't share a jar with, not a county here I haven't mixed happily with, and gladly too, have you a complex?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tankie

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 21, 2007, 12:14:20 AM
What a useless subject Pangurban, and no harm. There's not a poster here I wouldn't share a jar with, not a county here I haven't mixed happily with, and gladly too, have you a complex?

Gotta agree, we might rip thr piss a bit but to say people don't know their gaa is going a bit far. the Down air must be geeting to you!
Grand Slam Saturday!

pintsofguinness

I think you're reading too much into what goes on here.  It's would be a boring board if we all agreed and thought each other were great.  As someone who has, well, argued and exchanged insults with quite a few people, there isn't to many I wouldnt have a pint with.
It's only a bit of craic.   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 21, 2007, 12:22:14 AM
I think you're reading too much into what goes on here.  It's would be a boring board if we all agreed and thought each other were great.  As someone who has, well, argued and exchanged insults with quite a few people, there isn't to many I wouldnt have a pint with.

Nah your not the argumentive type Pog :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I would have a pint with you, ya Silverbridge hoor.  :-[
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Goin Down

It's would be a boring board if we all agreed and thought each other were great. 
You know at this I'm half thinking of doing a poll and asking if we all think each other is great, wonder should I? ::)
Remember This.

Pangurban

It ceases to be a bit of crack when slanderising,personal abuse of some individuals becomes part of it. Im all for the craic but some people here do not know where to draw the line or have no consideration for the individual involved. You wont have to trawl back to far too find examples of what i am talking about.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Goin Down on July 21, 2007, 12:36:01 AM
It's would be a boring board if we all agreed and thought each other were great. 
You know at this I'm half thinking of doing a poll and asking if we all think each other is great, wonder should I? ::)

It would be a very big poll considering there is 1361 members...  :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Goin Down

Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2007, 12:38:24 AM
I have already expressed my feelings Goin Down. ;)
:D :D Mabye I should just change that poll then!

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 21, 2007, 12:38:36 AM

It would be a very big poll considering there is 1361 members...  :P

Not even 200 would vote in it though!

Yes or No should I, lets have a poll, Will I or Wont I?
Remember This.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 21, 2007, 12:25:30 AM

Nah your not the argumentive type Pog :P

;D  I love a good row but it's no reason to fall out. 

QuoteI would have a pint with you, ya Silverbridge hoor. 
Sorry, I don't drink with Cullyhanna men  :P

Im all for the craic but some people here do not know where to draw the line or have no consideration for the individual involved. You wont have to trawl back to far too find examples of what i am talking about.
Anyone who gives it gets their fair share back.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?