TV 7th of July

Started by Bomber2312, June 27, 2007, 12:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber2312

When will they announce what qualifier game they are showing live?

didlyi

I suspect that in Hurling they will be showing the Galway v Clare  match but they are showing 2 games that day.

Fishead_Sam

Armagh V Derry has to be the best of a bad bunch, Roscommon V Kildare could be a tight game too, didn't they have a few good games a few years back.

Bomber2312

i was hoping it'd be mayo cavan, unlikely though!

Long time dead

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 27, 2007, 01:58:40 PM
Armagh V Derry has to be the best of a bad bunch, Roscommon V Kildare could be a tight game too, didn't they have a few good games a few years back.

Armagh v Derry is on 8th July.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Bomber2312 on June 27, 2007, 02:09:07 PM
i was hoping it'd be mayo cavan, unlikely though!

I hope its not on tv, so a load of people don't decide to watch it down town in Castlebar rather than McHale, remember its always raining down here, if its on tele its an excuse for some.

Bomber2312

ya but for the poor unfortunates stuck at work, at least we could watch it live on the internet. which by the way is an excellent idea. besides there should be no excuse for those able to venture down not too! If only to give McGarrity the welcome back he deserves!

Colonel Cool

TV games this weekend.

7 JULY
All-Ireland Huring Qualifier 7.30pm
Clare v Galway

8 JULY
Connact Senior Football Final 2.00pm
Galway v Sligo

Munster Senior Hurling Final 4.00pm
Limerick v Waterford

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Barney

A bit strange that a do or die football game is not been shown instead of a hurling game where both counties just need to turn up to get to the next stage.

Typical RTE. There won't be blood and thunder here.

Stagmeister

Anyone know if its possible to watch the football at Oxegen??? Surely it is....

Spiritof98

Quote from: Barney on July 02, 2007, 05:23:26 PM
A bit strange that a do or die football game is not been shown instead of a hurling game where both counties just need to turn up to get to the next stage.

Munster Hurling Final one of the most looked forward to events on the GAA calender. plentyu of blood and thinder esp when Mullanes' about
I'll go back if Marsdens back

INDIANA

Much of  a muchness barney.the quality of football to date has been dire- bar one of the meath v dublin games and the second half yesterday -the rest has been awful. Two rivals slugging it out in ennis with the loughnane factor has more going for it then:

Luimneach v An Lú - i wouldn't ask my worst enemy to watch this

Maigh Eo v An Cabhán- handy win for Mayo as Cavan are bloody awful. Hardly prime time tv

An Dún v An Mhí -possibly the only one worth showing but then again you'd wonder

Ros Comáin v Cill Dara - you can't be serious - has the potential to be worse than dublin v offaly-if that's possible

Iar Mhí v Longfort - already been done- familiarity breeds contempt and twice in 6 weeks breeds boredom from a neutral's point of view

Liatroim v Dún na nGall -  aslight possibilty as i have a soft spot for the underdog being a long-suffering dublin hurling fan -but then again donegal could wipe the floor with them. The distinct possibilty of the latter would scare the cameras away.

Armagh will wipe the floor with derry. It was a bad draw from a TV point of view. I wouldn't have any of those games ahead of the hurling. Bar yesterday in my view even being  adublin fan - i think the standard of football has been crap to date with only yesterday as being a really high quality game

GalwayBayBoy

I doubt they'll be any shortage of blood and thunder in Cusack Park next Saturday. The Galway and Clare hurlers will be going full tilt. It's a local derby plus the return of Loughnane to Clare and all that jazz.

In fairness none of the football qualifier games really captures the imagination of the neutral. Some interesting match-ups but no real blockbuster.

Bod Mor

To be honest Barney, if the Mayo/Cavan match is anything like the tripe we saw in Hyde park 2 years ago I would much prefer to see the Clare V Galway match.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Stagmeister on July 02, 2007, 05:24:27 PM
Anyone know if its possible to watch the football at Oxegen??? Surely it is....

Nop! Had to leave 2 years ago to see the Armagh v Tyrone Ulster final! Luckily it was in Croker!