Armagh so good,Tyrone play club championship games there!

Started by T Fearon, September 18, 2017, 01:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

You'd think all that money Tyrone saved on those foam rollers would have paid for some floodlights.

vallankumous

This is turning into a circus.

First the match is fixed for the day of the All ireland final.
Rescheduled because it was a stupid fixture.
Rescheduled due to a bereavement (ok with me, it's wasn't in any ones power to avoid this)
Rescheduled to play outside the County last night in a rush for damage limitation (creating more damage)
Postponed for weather and rescheduled again for the same venue tonight.

All this because young club footballers at the prime of their life have nothing better to do.

LeoMc

Quote from: BennyCake on September 20, 2017, 11:01:03 PM
You'd think all that money Tyrone saved on those foam rollers would have paid for some floodlights.
You'd think all that money Armagh saved on an internal manager would have paid for some flood drains.

keeperlit

Quote from: LeoMc on September 21, 2017, 12:18:15 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 20, 2017, 11:01:03 PM
You'd think all that money Armagh saved on an internal manager would have paid for some flood drains.

Like the ones that keep Healy park in such good order! :P

T Fearon

In hiding

Quote from: ziggysego on September 20, 2017, 01:52:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 19, 2017, 04:12:37 PM
Love thy neighbor...Jesus loves us all (even Tyrone people)

Sure isn't God and his SoN Tyrone people ;)

Back to the floodlights, we could have taken them in Greencastle. Probably too windy for the Omagh townies though.
We'll see how you get on with the townies in windy killyclogher on Sunday

Redhand Santa

Great game of football last night. Big success playing it Armagh in great conditions. It was brilliant to see the joy it brought to the local Armagh people who turned out and got to witness a rare decent county club championship game in their home ground. One man beside me commented we haven't saw anything like this in the Armagh club championship in over 20 years. I think Tyrone should consider bringing our championship on tour more often and give Armagh a game or two every year. Would help promote the game amongst the children there which is only good for the gaa.

Owen Brannigan

How did Arboe and its travelling supporters manage to behave themselves during or after their defeat given how they usually treat their Omagh brethren when they take them to the Lough shore?

StGallsGAA

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2017, 07:44:13 PM
The issue here is surely the fact that such a big county like Tyrone has only one floodlit venue in Omagh

The issue is that  Armagh club football is pig shit, hence the county team being a shambles who  couldn't buy a win Ulster.   The GAA wanted to  the buckfast army to see what real football is like and since 80% of the cider county don't have a driving licence they had to ship some class in from Tyrone.   

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 22, 2017, 10:50:45 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2017, 07:44:13 PM
The issue here is surely the fact that such a big county like Tyrone has only one floodlit venue in Omagh

The issue is that  Armagh club football is pig shit, hence the county team being a shambles who  couldn't buy a win Ulster.   The GAA wanted to  the buckfast army to see what real football is like and since 80% of the cider county don't have a driving licence they had to ship some class in from Tyrone.

Even Tony would not come up with this rubbish but not unexpected from a blow in to Antrim the epicentre of Ulster GAA excellence.

RealSpiritof98

On a side note, refreshing to see this game was only a fiver in. Plain to see Armagh County board had no influence on price as they would put Ryanair to shame.

When confronted as to why folk who bought the live games for £5 (500% rise in 4 years) had to pay an additional £5 to view a 're-run, the county boards response was "you don't get a DVD when you go to the cinema". Although initially humoured by this comeback it really does smack of arrogance and compete disregard to our members, after all aren't we are all equal. These guys merely represent our club's.

RealSpiritof98

Btw I was banned thereafter (again) for merely pointing out that comparing amateur GAA club footballers to professionally paid actors was totally wrong. I did suggest that the CB where in essence whoring out our players to pay for our county teams ever expanding budget. I think the whoring part got me banned considering my mis spelling of the word was made fun off in the little message I got when attempting To log on.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 24, 2017, 02:45:07 AM
Btw I was banned thereafter (again) for merely pointing out that comparing amateur GAA club footballers to professionally paid actors was totally wrong. I did suggest that the CB where in essence whoring out our players to pay for our county teams ever expanding budget. I think the whoring part got me banned considering my mis spelling of the word was made fun off in the little message I got when attempting To log on.

You're banned from Armagh Forum....you're not allowed to question things at all. If you do they'll ban you first chance!!  I was banned for saying something was a 'balls up' or something like that😂

general_lee

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 22, 2017, 08:17:51 AM
Great game of football last night. Big success playing it Armagh in great conditions. It was brilliant to see the joy it brought to the local Armagh people who turned out and got to witness a rare decent county club championship game in their home ground. One man beside me commented we haven't saw anything like this in the Armagh club championship in over 20 years. I think Tyrone should consider bringing our championship on tour more often and give Armagh a game or two every year. Would help promote the game amongst the children there which is only good for the gaa.
why would we want to watch club football that can barely produce an Ulster club winner let alone an Ireland one!? Maybe send over a few ties involving the previous years intermediate winners. They're starting to get into a habit of beating previous senior champions