AIB Jeff and Kammy road to Croker

Started by mrdeeds, September 05, 2017, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

It's scripted reality TV. It's no real harm! It has the usual plámásing you get when some one does a documentary looking from the outside. Reminds me a bit of 'The Toughest Trade' Programme.

The usual praising of how great our Sport is. How we have great facilities. How we have great volunteers. How we have great players. How we do this and that for nothing! The GAA community love this, because it shines a light on us and we all think we are great (no harm at all). Players ability is exaggerated, we willingly buy into it and we can look down are noses at Professional sports thinking we are as good as them if not better.

T Fearon

Do we really need this patronisation though from a British sports presenter and an ex average British footballer?

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2017, 06:16:09 PM
I do find the episodes entertaining,but how much is it about promoting Sky's GAA coverage,particularly in the UK

As a noted supporter of the UK, you'd be their target audience.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

I am not a supporter of the UK,I am Northern Irish and believe we'd be better off without allegiances to either the UK or Dublin

Itchy

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2017, 08:38:06 PM
I am not a supporter of the UK,I am Northern Irish and believe we'd be better off without allegiances to either the UK or Dublin

No such nationality. What does it say on your passport ?

T Fearon

Irish,only because there's no Northern Irish option

Itchy

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2017, 10:24:53 PM
Irish,only because there's no Northern Irish option

There is no option because there is no such nationality. Just like there's no western Irish for mayo, eastern Irish for Dublin or south northern Irish for cavan. When your done figuring that out you might tell rory McIlroy too.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2017, 08:38:06 PM
Yeah but who would pick up the tab to to pay your bloody bills and keep you in the manner you have become accustomed to?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

highorlow

Mighty shoulder on Kimmie in one episode. Enjoyed that.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

T Fearon

Will we see Jeff and Kammy take over Sky's GAA broadcast's next year to broaden the appeal of Gaelic Games in Britain?

mrdeeds

Gave Joe McQuillan MOTM in first half. They haven't a clue!!!!! In fairness the few clips I've seen I actually like their commentary style. Much better than Canning et al.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 22, 2017, 10:14:55 AM
Gave Joe McQuillan MOTM in first half. They haven't a clue!!!!! In fairness the few clips I've seen I actually like their commentary style. Much better than Canning et al.

that was because they couldn't believe all the off the ball stuff. They did say both sets of fans thought he was a dodo.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2017, 07:10:00 PM
It's scripted reality TV. It's no real harm! It has the usual plámásing you get when some one does a documentary looking from the outside. Reminds me a bit of 'The Toughest Trade' Programme.

The usual praising of how great our Sport is. How we have great facilities. How we have great volunteers. How we have great players. How we do this and that for nothing! The GAA community love this, because it shines a light on us and we all think we are great (no harm at all). Players ability is exaggerated, we willingly buy into it and we can look down are noses at Professional sports thinking we are as good as them if not better.
The sports are great. So is the Gaeilge.  A lot of other things may be shite but those are not.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

They were right about Joe McQuillan though in their half time chat at the final. Joe played a big part in letting the game flow and not pedantically interrupting passages of play. Very few refs can control the game via the advantage, let the game flow and dish out the punishments afterwards when the game has paused.