Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Have to say i got a great kick out of that game. Even found myself roaring for the apple munchers! Been a long time since i heard the Armagh,Armagh chant going round Croker, brought back some memories.

God i hope we draw you tomorrow morning, it'll make for some game!

macdanger2

Very enjoyable second half. It looked on TV like both teams were very lax on the opposition kick outs

dublin7

That was a great game. Experience won it for Armagh. Bar the black card not given to the Kildare keeper I thought the ref had a great game. Let it flow and allowed players get stuck in unlike that useless clown Maurice Deegan was giving frees for nothing tackles in the 1st game.

That point by the Armagh 10 45m out at the end was inspirational and deserved to win the game.

Aughafad

Quote from: seafoid on July 29, 2017, 08:37:57 PM
Well done Armagh. Jamie Clarke should be in contention for an all star. Kildare will be very disappointed with that performance.  The curse of the losing provincial finalist.
Have a word with yourself!
One game does not get you an allstar at this stage, especially against Kildare.

Zulu

Congratulations Armagh. Deserved the win even if Kildare can point to a few things that went against them. Two counties I'd like to see do well so hopefully both can kick on. If Armagh avoid Dublin they can make a semi final, Monaghan too.

brokencrossbar1

I've been a verybopen critic of the set up and still have my reservations about some of it but well done to the whole team and management for a superb performance. To think where this team was not too long ago after the Tipp game in the league and then defeat to Down it is testimony to the players and management that they put in such a performance. Well done and hopefully we'll get the midgets from the bushes!!

dublin7

Quote from: Aughafad on July 29, 2017, 08:44:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 29, 2017, 08:37:57 PM
Well done Armagh. Jamie Clarke should be in contention for an all star. Kildare will be very disappointed with that performance.  The curse of the losing provincial finalist.
Have a word with yourself!
One game does not get you an allstar at this stage, especially against Kildare.

The farcical way the All Stars are picked means if he a good semi final he will probably get one based only on the 2 games

Captain Obvious

Super stuff from Armagh i knew Kildare were there for the taking having watched them in the Leinster final and Armagh would have the forwards to serious cause damage to their ropey defence.

highorlow

Fair play to Geezer, couldn't believe the in depth interview he gave earlier today (obviously pre recorded) on news talk.

You have to feel a bit for O'Neill, that free from the number 8 was vital to get it back to 1, missed and Armagh get a point to make it 3 and game over.

Small margins.

It begs the question on how good the Duds really are this year. Sam could be heading north I think.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Oraisteach

That was as much joy as I've had in a long, long time watching Armagh play. 1-14 from play.  For old time's sake, I hope we draw Tyrone.

Owen Brannigan

Donaghy had some game, really made the difference in the last quarter. Clarke MOTM but is was shared with Donaghy.

Campbell was given his chance to start but showed he is best off the bench for impact.

Even Canavan was full of praise for Armagh after he picked Kildare to win.

McGeeney got his tactics right and his players did the job for him.

Strength and conditioning carried them at full rate to the end.

BennyHarp

Fair play to Armagh, great performance! Tyrone v Armagh next weekend would be great craic!
That was never a square ball!!

belfastkev

What a game! As a Tyrone man, to find myself cheering on Armagh was surreal! Great to see 3 Ulster teams in the quarters. And they say that Ulster is past it now...

Itchy

Enjoyable game. Great to see Clarke play like that but surprised he didn't get closer attention from Kildare. Only 1 Leinster team in the quarter finals again. Sad state of affairs for Leinster gaa.

omochain

I hope it's an Armagh v Tyrone match up next week.  I think both of them would prefer to avoid the Dubs at this stage.. it would bring back lots of good and bad memories and a wonderful opportunity for a wee bit of payback.