Can we now expect 40 pages on Brian Cody's altercation with the linesman?

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 11, 2017, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Syferus on July 12, 2017, 08:51:19 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 12, 2017, 08:47:50 PM
Quote from: mup on July 12, 2017, 04:47:59 PM
Have any of the Dubs blamed Pat Spillane yet? Or Lee Keegan?

The Gaa's pet project complaining about how they are being treated. Well they know how the rest of us feel with financial doping, home games etc etc.

So you're speaking for the rest of the country?

Yeah, he is on that count.
No. He certainly isn't.
As for Cody. Got in an altercation with an official on the sideline and put his hands on him. Deserves a ban. His previous record should not come into it

johnneycool

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 13, 2017, 01:21:05 PM

The Gaa's pet project complaining about how they are being treated. Well they know how the rest of us feel with financial doping, home games etc etc.

No. He certainly isn't.
As for Cody. Got in an altercation with an official on the sideline and put his hands on him. Deserves a ban. His previous record should not come into it

Not sure I agree with that.

Cody was certainly in foul form with the Waterford sideline and was about to transgress his area ( I never knew such a thing existed in GAA) when the fourth official stepped across and ushered Cody backwards. Yes there was contact, moreso by the fourth official and Cody stopped in his tracks once the arms went out. There was no aggression at all from Cody towards the fourth official. If Cody had of barged on regardless then yes, 12 weeks would have been warranted.
Entirely different to Connolly's actions as his aggression was directed to an official.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on July 14, 2017, 10:43:07 AM

No. He certainly isn't.

Cody was certainly in foul form with the Waterford sideline and was about to transgress his area ( I never knew such a thing existed in GAA) when the fourth official stepped across and ushered Cody backwards. Yes there was contact, moreso by the fourth official and Cody stopped in his tracks once the arms went out. There was no aggression at all from Cody towards the fourth official. If Cody had of barged on regardless then yes, 12 weeks would have been warranted.
Entirely different to Connolly's actions as his aggression was directed to an official.

100% right.

blanketattack

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 11, 2017, 09:43:30 PM
Can we now expect 40 pages on Brian Cody's altercation with the linesman?

I expect not.

Can we expect 40 more whataboutery threads? Possibly

Dave like the tv channel

Pretty much, yeah. The Man City of the GAA are a marketing ploy, created by Croke Park. Now, I'm not so sure that they have an exit plan. They've created a monster that could win 6, 7 in a row. Whoopdeedoo. You've bought every single one of them, with central funds.

The Dubs are light years ahead of the rest of the country and it's all sponsored by Croker.

Get rid of AIG from your jerseys. Next year, you'll have GAA on them. Financial doping of the orcs and we have to listen to youse, as if you'd done it all on your own?

tonto1888

Quote from: johnneycool on July 14, 2017, 10:43:07 AM

No. He certainly isn't.

youre not entirely wrong. However, the rule doesn't mention aggression