Can we now expect 40 pages on Brian Cody's altercation with the linesman?

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 11, 2017, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 11, 2017, 09:58:17 PM

Then there's people who get picked on off the field of play like Lee Keegan. Last years orchestrated media blackening by the DUBLIN media has to be one of the most malicious campaigns against a player by multiple Dublin media journalists, former players and analysists. You as a collective threw a lot of stones and now you expect respect when the shoe is on the other foot!
I think its gas the way so many of the Mayo lads blame Paul Curran, etc. for Keegan pulling down Connolly in a blatant black card offence, thus probably costing them an All Ireland victory!

Like Lee would never have thought of doing the likes of that but for the media! 

dublin7

Quote from: Hound on July 12, 2017, 08:39:07 AM

Then there's people who get picked on off the field of play like Lee Keegan. Last years orchestrated media blackening by the DUBLIN media has to be one of the most malicious campaigns against a player by multiple Dublin media journalists, former players and analysists. You as a collective threw a lot of stones and now you expect respect when the shoe is on the other foot!
I think its gas the way so many of the Mayo lads blame Paul Curran, etc. for Keegan pulling down Connolly in a blatant black card offence, thus probably costing them an All Ireland victory!

Indeed. Rochford doesn't have any responsibility for picking a goalkeeper with a history of cracking in big matches.  Best one yet is RTE getting Mossy Quinn on the Sunday game because he works for DCB and they want to show Jim Gavin they are soooooooooo sorry. He writes for he Irish Examiner and regularly appears on OTB so it's not that uncommon for him.

Farrandeelin

What's done is done, but poor Maurice Deegan at the time was walking around aimlessly at the time. Next thing he gives Keegan the black. I think that's what's sticking in many Mayo people's craw, mine included. Also the fact that Connolly remonstrated aggressively with the ref and escaped sanction annoyed me.

As regards the title of the thread, the hypocrisy of the GAA is truly revealed. Kilkenny are gone however so it probably is a case of out of sight, out of mind.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Esmarelda

Where are the usual suspects condemning this thread as whataboutery?

magpie seanie

I'm actually with Kilkevan on this one. I only saw the incident last night for the first time and I was a bit surprised when I saw it. I was expecting something similar to the Connolly incident but it's nothing like it. If anything the 4th official instigated the contact and was trying to prevent Cody walking towards McGrath (I think it was). There was no aggression directed towards the official, unlike Connolly. I think Cody should have been more careful but I'd be against a suspension in this instance.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 12, 2017, 09:05:26 AM

What's done is done, but poor Maurice Deegan at the time was walking around aimlessly at the time. Next thing he gives Keegan the black. I think that's what's sticking in many Mayo people's craw, mine included. Also the fact that Connolly remonstrated aggressively with the ref and escaped sanction annoyed me.

you're missing the bit about Keegan pulling down Connolly. It was 100% Keegan's decision!
Deegan didn't just whisk out the black card on a whim. He had no choice. A blatant and deliberate pulldown.
The fact that it even crosses the mind of Mayo fans that this is Paul Curran's (or someone like him) fault is utterly ridiculous.
Who's fault was Donal Vaughan's black card at the weekend?   

Croí na hÉireann

Keegan's wasn't a black card IMO, he had him wrapped up alright but as soon as he realised they were falling to the ground he released him, therefore he wasn't dragged down to the ground. Vaughan's was a stone wall black, no debate there.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Hill is Blue

Come on lads - only 38 pages to go. Where's all the righteous indignation? Surely the match officials must be protected and letter of the law must be upheld at all times? Has Pat Spillane commented?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

heffo

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 12, 2017, 03:25:12 PM
Come on lads - only 38 pages to go. Where's all the righteous indignation? Surely the match officials must be protected and letter of the law must be upheld at all times? Has Pat Spillane commented?

AZOffaly must be picketing RTE

mup

Have any of the Dubs blamed Pat Spillane yet? Or Lee Keegan?

The Gaa's pet project complaining about how they are being treated. Well they know how the rest of us feel with financial doping, home games etc etc.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: mup on July 12, 2017, 04:47:59 PM

The Gaa's pet project complaining about how they are being treated. Well they know how the rest of us feel with financial doping, home games etc etc.

So you're speaking for the rest of the country?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 12, 2017, 08:47:50 PM

Yeah, he is on that count.

magpie seanie

Honestly think the Dubs need to get over this Connolly thing. It's actually a blessing in disguise and unlike most counties ye have plenty of quality players to cover off the loss of Connolly. Less said the better and then spring him from the bench with 20 minutes to go in a semi final.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 12, 2017, 08:47:50 PM

;D ;D
That's like asking is the pope a bachelor?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi