Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Would the punishments have been the same if it teams were from the Senior Championship?
Testing Accessibility

Spiritof98

The answer to that Ziggy is NO! and for evidence you only have to look at the battle of Omagh, and that brawl was broadcast live on a national channel. The minnows always get the hammering.

The Ireland team although provoked threw quite a lot of punches in Croke park a few months back. I not saying they should be banned, far from it, but in essence is it not similar.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Sandy Hill

I agree with Ziggy and Spirit. To me it's a bit like the schoolyard bully; hammer the shit out of the smaller boys but don't rattle the big ones. I'm not condoning what happened but for f><ksake let's have consistency from the top to the bottom of the GAA!
"Stercus accidit"

Maximus Marillius

Have to agree completely. Perhaps Fergal Logan will get a call in the next week to help Greenan learn some rules. Until consistency is applied I hope they get their players off. Whats good for the goose..if you pardon the pun

brokencrossbar1

QuoteHave to agree completely. Perhaps Fergal Logan will get a call in the next week to help Greenan learn some rules. Until consistency is applied I hope they get their players off. Whats good for the goose..if you pardon the pun

If he can do it for Tyrone I am sure he will look at something for his own club.

The disciplinary situation is a farce and needs to be completely overhauled.  It is time that the GAA head men got their heads out of their precious arses and stopped spewing the mantra that they will not follow other sports ie soccer in dealing with sanctions and punishment.  Until they have a logical, coherent, and consistent way of dealing with the disciplinary issues their will always be complaints and challenges.

umgolaarmagh

I dont think Logan would get involved as his club got away light as only 4 of there subs got suspensions.

There in the driving seat now.

never kickt a ball

Ulster IFC tie re-fixed for Saturday

Tuesday, January 2

The controversial Ulster Club IFC semi-final replay between Stewartstown and Ballymacnab has finally been re-fixed for Saturday, January 6th, by the Ulster Council.

Tyrone kingpins Stewartstown produced a fantastic comeback to gain parity at the death against Armagh champions Ballymacnab at Casement Park in the semi-final, but a two-minute brawl ensued, between players, mentors and substitutes, as the Orchard players left the pitch.

The provincial council then put the Intermediate Football Championship on hold and set up a special sub-committee to investigate the ugly scenes.

12 players in all were eventually suspended with two from each team receiving 36-week bans following the punch up.

Stewartstown's Anton Coyle and Tony Donnelly, and Ballymacnab's Philip McCone and Dwayne McParland were issued the heaviest punishment.

Both clubs were also fined €2, 500 but were allowed to remain in the competition.
Now, more than six weeks after the game, the replay has been scheduled for Casement Park with a 12.30pm throw-in. Down referee Ciaran Branagan will officiate.

www.gaa.ie

ziggysego

Best of luck to Stewartstown. Hopefully there's another Ulster Champion in Tyrone this year ;)
Testing Accessibility

aontroim

Just got emailed this...

Quote"Due to a bereavement within the immediate family of a Stewartstown official, the Intermediate Football Semi Final Replay between
Stewartstown and Ballymacnab, scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday 6th January has been postponed."

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

clarshack

Stewartstown v Ballymacnab fixed for this saturday at 2pm in Breffni.
hopefully a good few tyrone supporters take the game in on the way to the dublin.
heard ballymacnab lost their appeal to DRA last night.

Armamike

Good result for the Nab, considering the players suspended. How in hell did ST manage to get 4 players sent off?  Were they trying to get the game abandoned? Anybody here at the game? 
That's just, like your opinion man.

SouthArmaghBandit

Well done the Nab. Who dothey play in the final and will they have the suspended lads back for it?

Norf Tyrone

They play Coleraine Owen Roes this weekend I think.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Sandy Hill

I'm delighted for Ballymacnab; well done!

Quote.....and will they have the suspended lads back for it?
Unfortunately, no.
"Stercus accidit"