Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Two poorly defended set piece goals is what won that game for City. Lukaku had a derby nightmare the sitter he missed summed up his day.

Milltown Row2

City deserved to win but Utd had chances.. that's a few games lately that City have won ugly! Good championship winning mentality.

Paddy power paid out last week on City winning the league!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Onthe40

Lukaku has been a serious waste of money for Utd

thewobbler

Quote from: Onthe40 on December 10, 2017, 06:32:12 PM

Ah I f**king hate these comments.

Here's how United play against the rest of the top 6. They absolutely isolate Lukaku and provide no service to his feet, no through balls for him to chase into, no support for his knockdowns,  and no crosses for him to attack.

I don't care how much they paid for him. Today and all the other top 6 matches are not on him. It's simply not possible to be a matchwinner in these circumstances.

Try, just try to be rational about what you're watching.

Captain Obvious

It's a first defeat at Old Trafford in 41 games for United and no real surprise to see Manchester City win however I am surprised a record breaking City couldn't score from open play and had to rely on errors for goals. If Van Nistelrooy,Van Persie,Cantona,Rooney at his peak had that Lukaku chance on 86 minutes it would have been 2-2.

bennydorano

City are on a different level, 4 - 1 wouldn't have looked out of place.

Mourinho doing his Comical Ali post match interview.

thewobbler

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 10, 2017, 06:42:24 PM
It's a first defeat at Old Trafford in 41 games for United and no real surprise to see Manchester City win however I am surprised a record breaking City couldn't score from open play and had to rely on errors for goals. If Van Nistelrooy,Van Persie,Cantona,Rooney at his peak had that Lukaku chance on 86 minutes it would have been 2-2.

Much as you want to believe otherwise, Lukaku made a fine connection with a cross that was behind him, and faced with a defender and a keeper within the third of the goal that he could direct the ball towards, was very unlucky that it hit the keeper's face.

But apparently he's the 1st united centre forward to miss any sort of a chance since Peter Davenport.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thewobbler on December 10, 2017, 06:50:42 PM

Much as you want to believe otherwise, Lukaku made a fine connection with a cross that was behind him, and faced with a defender and a keeper within the third of the goal that he could direct the ball towards, was very unlucky that it hit the keeper's face.

But apparently he's the 1st united centre forward to miss any sort of a chance since Peter Davenport.
Nice spin on missing a sitter.

GJL

Not that disappointing as I would of been surprised to get much from the game as City have shown themselves to be the best in the league but could of had a draw in the end. Seems it is the battle to see who is the best of the rest!

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 10, 2017, 06:52:22 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 10, 2017, 06:50:42 PM

Nice spin on missing a sitter.

You don't take correction very well.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: bennydorano on December 10, 2017, 06:50:18 PM
City are on a different level, 4 - 1 wouldn't have looked out of place.

Mourinho doing his Comical Ali post match interview.
DeGea only pulled off a few decent saves today last Sunday he was more worked. Ederson double save late on also earned City their deserved win. Mourinho thinks United should have got a penalty it didn't look like a penalty to me but i have seen them given before.

From the Bunker

In the past United had more money and better players than City - Hence why United won most of the time. The tide has turned.

(Not in my life time)

Boycey

Quote from: thewobbler on December 10, 2017, 06:38:16 PM

Here's how United play against the rest of the top 6. They absolutely isolate Lukaku and provide no service to his feet, no through balls for him to chase into, no support for his knockdowns,  and no crosses for him to attack.

I don't care how much they paid for him. Today and all the other top 6 matches are not on him. It's simply not possible to be a matchwinner in these circumstances.

I'll disagree with the both of yis

Lukaku's not been useless BUT the difference between really really good players and the rest is that they'll score from that one chance that comes their way in a tight game and from memory in both the Liverpool game and today he's had the chance to be the hero and if he takes them no one remembers anything else...

A bit unlucky today though, an auld dribbly one off his shin would probably have gone in but he caught it absolutely flush  :o

thewobbler

Quote from: Boycey on December 10, 2017, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 10, 2017, 06:38:16 PM

I'll disagree with the both of yis

Lukaku's not been useless BUT the difference between really really good players and the rest is that they'll score from that one chance that comes their way in a tight game and from memory in both the Liverpool game and today he's had the chance to be the hero and if he takes them no one remembers anything else...

A bit unlucky today though, an auld dribbly one off his shin would probably have gone in but he caught it absolutely flush  :o

I'm not suggesting he's Gerd Muller. But it's truly unfair on a striker completely starved of service to then escalate any half chance he gets, into a gimme.

It's like blaming a woman when she gets raped.