The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

think this is a fantastic appointment by Liverpool.
Lets hope the players are professional enough for him to work his magic !

ross4life

This Thread title needs a change how about bring on the mancunians :P
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Welcome Mr.Hodgson, I agree it's hardly a exciting appointment but in fairness to him he has a decent track record and is a very good manager so he deserves a chance to give it a go.

Roys brief for next season is too get Liverpool back into the top 4, anything else is a bonus.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 01, 2010, 03:25:31 PM
Welcome Mr.Hodgson, I agree it's hardly a exciting appointment but in fairness to him he has a decent track record and is a very good manager so he deserves a chance to give it a go.

Roys brief for next season is too get Liverpool back into the top 4, anything else is a bonus.
Bob paisley wasnt exactly an exciting appointment either ...............

AZOffaly

Bob Paisley was at Liverpool for a million years beforehand, and had learned his trade with Shanks. He was also an 'interim' appointment.

And I'm not sure how Bob's style of management would deal with players and players agents today.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2010, 03:49:54 PM
Bob Paisley was at Liverpool for a million years beforehand, and had learned his trade with Shanks. He was also an 'interim' appointment.

And I'm not sure how Bob's style of management would deal with players and players agents today.
...but still not an 'exciting' appointment.
I think Hodgson is exactly what Liverpool need !
I may even start taking an interest in them again now because of this!

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 01, 2010, 03:25:31 PM

Thats a tough enough breif considering he is probably going to have a less capable squad than Rafa did last year!  Time will tell.

AZOffaly

The Real Laoislad

Just watched his first press conference there, very impressed with what he had to say and the way he handled some of the questions.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2010, 04:45:49 PM
How long before LFC receive a bid from Inter Milan for Kuyt?

If it is going to happen I doubt it will happen till after Holland are knocked out of World Cup
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Worker

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 01, 2010, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2010, 04:45:49 PM
How long before LFC receive a bid from Inter Milan for Kuyt?

If it is going to happen I doubt it will happen till after Holland are knocked out of World Cup

Im not Kuyt's biggest fan but I think he is one player I would like to see him stay.

TacadoirArdMhacha

While I hope he is an abysmal failure  :), I think its a shrewd enough appointment. He's a good manager whose been around the block, knows European football, knows how to get the best out of players and is still hungry for his shot at the really big time. A wise choice I believe. Comes across as a decent sort as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on July 01, 2010, 11:13:59 PM
Time to change the title gab ;)

Today is Canada Day, I reckon Gab is half phished somewhere, and doing stupid things like getting tattoo's ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: J OGorman on July 01, 2010, 02:34:12 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 01, 2010, 02:00:52 PM
So getting rid of Rafa Benitez (ok I didn't rate him but he has won a few things) and 8 million quid gets Roy Hodgson. No wonder Liverpool are up to their eyes in debt.

what would your masterplan have been?

Well I wouldn't have been giving a guy (who I tried to shaft already) a 5 year contract and then get rid of him a year later. That would have been a decent starting point.