Yes
No
Who is King Charles?
What about Diana the People's Princess?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

trailer

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on September 12, 2022, 06:27:31 PM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-feins-alex-maskey-to-deliver-message-to-king-from-the-people-of-northern-ireland-41981215.html

The King and Queen Consort will receive a message of condolence from self-declared "lifelong republican activist" Alex Maskey at Hillsborough Castle tomorrow.
As Stormont Speaker, the former IRA internee has been tasked with delivering the message on behalf of the people of Northern Ireland, on which it is understood King Charles III will respond.

How many of you have gone to the funeral of someone you didnt like and pass on your condolences? The fact is that 50% of the people in the North have a loyalty to the Monarchy. I think its stupid but thats just me. If you want to govern all the people you cannot just disrespect 50% of them - even if you know in your heart that if the shoe was on the other foot....

markl121

Quote from: Itchy on September 13, 2022, 02:14:00 PM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-feins-alex-maskey-to-deliver-message-to-king-from-the-people-of-northern-ireland-41981215.html

The King and Queen Consort will receive a message of condolence from self-declared "lifelong republican activist" Alex Maskey at Hillsborough Castle tomorrow.
As Stormont Speaker, the former IRA internee has been tasked with delivering the message on behalf of the people of Northern Ireland, on which it is understood King Charles III will respond.

How many of you have gone to the funeral of someone you didnt like and pass on your condolences? The fact is that 50% of the people in the North have a loyalty to the Monarchy. I think its stupid but thats just me. If you want to govern all the people you cannot just disrespect 50% of them - even if you know in your heart that if the shoe was on the other foot....
And this is why we should rise above it

Itchy

Quote from: markl121 on September 13, 2022, 02:16:30 PM

Exactly. Sinn Fein are playing the only game they can and if people dont see that then they are truly just thick.

yellowcard

Personally I have absolutely no interest in all that pomp, ceremony and servitude and all that the monarchy historically represents. But you have to distinguish between politicians who are elected to serve the people and individuals acting in a personal capacity. SF were elected to represent the people, half of whom are of British identity and most of whom will have an attachment to the monarchy. So I think it was the right thing to do since we have moved on from the generation of the troubles, despite the best efforts of some agitators to try and drag us back. The Royals might be dysfunctional in plenty of instances but they have done a lot more than many UK politicians in recent times to unite people on this island and that has to be respected.     

seafoid

If I were a Scottish nationalist I would hate the pomp and the symbolism of Scottish capture such as the crown and the Royal Standard and Bonnie Prince Charlie's tartan.

seafoid

Prince Andrew was dressed in the equivalent of his pyjamas when the siblings were standing around the coffin on Sunday.
He will probably never recapture his reputation.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on September 13, 2022, 02:18:07 PM

Exactly. Sinn Fein are playing the only game they can and if people dont see that then they are truly just thick.

You cant have it both ways , a lot of SF supporters never see the hypocrisy of how they treat others who have been doing the same for years. Calling people thick is typical of the bullying , school play ground type within SF support.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Well rise above it properly then and go to westminster, sure we are sick hearing how "stormont have no fiscal powers"

skeog

Poor Jeff looked lost arms folded not happy Michelle top dog.Alex playing a blinder imo.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: skeog on September 13, 2022, 03:41:35 PM
Poor Jeff looked lost arms folded not happy Michelle top dog.Alex playing a blinder imo.

he said on radio ulster he was delighted, so not sure what you are on about, in his view everyone was now towing the line

skeog

Bun lighten up if you think Jeff is happy that he is No 2 your delusional.