Christy Ring Cup 2018

Started by kerrygerry, May 04, 2018, 10:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerrygerry

Having seen the betting for the Christy Ring cup London 3/1, am I being silly or is that not the bet of the season? They are the only team from div 2A in the competition and are surely huge favourites. They have only Kildare really to beat and they beat them by 7 in the National League and possibly Mayo who are minus Keith Higgins. I'm for lumping on but can anyone out there assure me London are in good nick, no injuries and training away like mad to bring her home to England?

johnnycool

Quote from: kerrygerry on May 04, 2018, 10:00:21 PM
Having seen the betting for the Christy Ring cup London 3/1, am I being silly or is that not the bet of the season? They are the only team from div 2A in the competition and are surely huge favourites. They have only Kildare really to beat and they beat them by 7 in the National League and possibly Mayo who are minus Keith Higgins. I'm for lumping on but can anyone out there assure me London are in good nick, no injuries and training away like mad to bring her home to England?

Down beat them in Ruislip this weekend past.

Good win and progress for Down whom I'd feared would be a bit lightweight at this level, but there's loads of pace in the team, not much size and the dryer pitches are suiting them.

oakleaflad

Derry through to the Christy Ring Cup last four on scoring difference. FT Derry 1-29 Down 2-19. Three teams finish level on 4pts. Scoring: London +28, Derry +24, Down +23

Cunny Funt

Mayo relegated while the rossies stay up and Mayo were 2/9 to win that game, FT Roscommon 1-17 Mayo 0-11

Syferus

We were getting absolutely pasted in the other games. Heroic stuff from the hurlers. And Keith Higgins FF and all.

Farrandeelin

Are Mayo now in the Rackard Cup next year?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 02, 2018, 07:12:20 PM
Are Mayo now in the Rackard Cup next year?
Yes. Mayo and Armagh relegated.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 02, 2018, 03:27:21 PM
Derry through to the Christy Ring Cup last four on scoring difference. FT Derry 1-29 Down 2-19. Three teams finish level on 4pts. Scoring: London +28, Derry +24, Down +23

Sort of a hollow victory; no team should be eliminated on scoring difference. One point the other way and we'd be gone. With three teams finishing on four points, their results against Armagh should have been excluded. Even that would have seen the same two teams through. Exclude Armagh and Derry had two home games, London one home and one away and Down two away. That's not equitable.

Still, not for me to decide a fairer system. Hoping for two wins against Kildare next weekend.

Dinny Breen

Close but no cigar!

One of Kildare's star's on Saturday was James Burke. He was in a coma suffering meningitis in April. These are the kind of stories that get suppressed in Tiered competitions.
#newbridgeornowhere

johnnycool

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 10:36:33 AM

Close but no cigar!

One of Kildare's star's on Saturday was James Burke. He was in a coma suffering meningitis in April. These are the kind of stories that get suppressed in Tiered competitions.

Is that Kildare up or do they have a playoff with Westmeath or Antrim ?

Edit, I see in the Antrim hurling thread that you are down to play them in the Armagh Athletic grounds.

I think that's a load of balls and deeply unfair and has been since its inception.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: johnnycool on June 25, 2018, 02:52:37 PM

Close but no cigar!

Edit, I see in the Antrim hurling thread that you are down to play them in the Armagh Athletic grounds.

I think that's a load of balls and deeply unfair and has been since its inception.

A 12 45pm throw-in too. Ridiculous.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 04:38:01 PM

Close but no cigar!

Should be in Newbridge.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 26, 2018, 12:22:15 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 04:38:01 PM

Close but no cigar!

Should be in Newbridge.

#Ardcloughornowhere
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Rossfan

Totally ludicrous that a team that wins a tiered competition doesn't automatically go up to the next level.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Agreed. Where are the Antrim lads that were on about Offaly 'taking their medicine'?