Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Great news. Wonder what Angelo's excuse will be if things dont go as planned now
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

WT4E

Wonder well it be bad for morale???

Will players bed envious of his deal?

Well the Transactions be worked similarly to Mickey's?

on the sideline

Quote from: WT4E on February 06, 2020, 12:05:24 AM

Will players be envious of his deal?

That's what I was thinking too.

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

BennyHarp

Quote from: on the sideline on February 06, 2020, 12:24:04 AM

Cathal should have just left, you can nearly hear the knives being sharpened by the usual nay sayers on here already. Maybe, just maybe Cathal had a look and decided the game wasn't for him?

I'm absolutely delighted he is staying, but I think this is a huge year for him, he will be a marked man, double and maybe treble at times. Things are going to be tough for him especially with this added media attention that the Aussie thing has added. He has had one outstanding season but to stay at that level is the mark of a truly great player. Can't wait.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Great news!
Would say the major factor in his decision was the sunburn he got on the shoulders wearing thon sleeveless geansai

Angelo

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 06, 2020, 06:49:10 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on February 06, 2020, 12:24:04 AM

Cathal should have just left, you can nearly hear the knives being sharpened by the usual nay sayers on here already. Maybe, just maybe Cathal had a look and decided the game wasn't for him?

I'm absolutely delighted he is staying, but I think this is a huge year for him, he will be a marked man, double and maybe treble at times. Things are going to be tough for him especially with this added media attention that the Aussie thing has added. He has had one outstanding season but to stay at that level is the mark of a truly great player. Can't wait.

I'm sure he will be getting close attention as our game plan is revolved around him. This is where other players will need to step up though. If McShane is taking up that kind of space and men then it should allow more space and time for our other attackers. I'd like to see us keep Harte or Donnelly in close to him in the coming season.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyroneman

Great news that he's staying.

Yes, he will be a marked man, but then so are Clifford, Kilkenny, AoS etc - it's up to him to play as well as he can and the others to take advantage of any double marking.

If we could engineer McShane and Mattie as a consistent FF line that would present some problem to opposition backs

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyroneman on February 06, 2020, 08:16:36 AM
Great news that he's staying.

Yes, he will be a marked man, but then so are Clifford, Kilkenny, AoS etc - it's up to him to play as well as he can and the others to take advantage of any double marking.

If we could engineer McShane and Mattie as a consistent FF line that would present some problem to opposition backs

With Bradley buzzing around them, then that's a proper handful for any defence.
That was never a square ball!!

redhandefender

Can't understand how anyone can be negative about this. A real boost. Having been to the last 2 games they needed something. If you've played football you knwo when your main guy turns out it lifts the team. The money things another issue.

He seems a modest fella so maybe so was maybe thinking about his future. Going away for 2 years and putting a career on hold to struggle with a game you have never played maybe wasn't for him.

Anyway glad hes back, hopefully we can get everyone back as soon as possible. Mcshane and bradley is an exciting prospect that mickey probably won't play infuriatingly

Angelo

Quote from: redhandefender on February 06, 2020, 08:51:04 AM
Can't understand how anyone can be negative about this. A real boost. Having been to the last 2 games they needed something. If you've played football you knwo when your main guy turns out it lifts the team. The money things another issue.

He seems a modest fella so maybe so was maybe thinking about his future. Going away for 2 years and putting a career on hold to struggle with a game you have never played maybe wasn't for him.

Anyway glad hes back, hopefully we can get everyone back as soon as possible. Mcshane and bradley is an exciting prospect that mickey probably won't play infuriatingly

I think Bradley will be better off playing out a bit deeper, his best season for Tyrone came as a no. 11 in 2015. I'd prefer to see Harte and Donnelly playing inside with McShane and McCurry or Bradley playing a little bit deeper coming onto the ball and taking their scores.

We simply have to commit more men to support McShane inside this year. Be interesting to see what Harte now does with Burns, we have a plethora of good half back line options so will he continue to try and mould him in a ball winning inside forward to perhaps link up with McShane?

GetOverTheBar

Big call for McShane - don't think he would have made it in the AFL at Key Forward but it must have been a last minute change of heart.

WT4E

Quote from: redhandefender on February 06, 2020, 08:51:04 AM

LMFAO

GaaFanatic123

Fantastic news for Tyrone Gaa that Cathal has accepted the offer to stay,
The only problem is that I hope this wont have an effect on Conor McKenna now when he comes home, he's surely hold the County to Ransom aswel for a few incentives

Angelo

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 06, 2020, 12:27:07 PM
Fantastic news for Tyrone Gaa that Cathal has accepted the offer to stay,
The only problem is that I hope this wont have an effect on Conor McKenna now when he comes home, he's surely hold the County to Ransom aswel for a few incentives

I just hope McKenna comes home ASAP. You look at the likes of Pearce Hanley who could have been the difference between Mayo and an AI and he turns 32 this year and that ship looks to have sailed.