Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Today was disappointing but a couple of months ago it would have been a defeat. Defended a lot of set pieces very well....only remember one that was dodgy (came off Maguire's knee and flew over the bar...could have gone anywhere).

How the ref and lineman needed VAR to disallow that goal is beyond belief. DeGea wasn't getting it either way but if lying down in the 6 yard box in front of the goal isn't offside then I'd fear for the game. The Fred "handball" as well.....ref was right beside him. Inexplicable. You should be able to appeal yellow cards like that one.

Calvert-Lewin caused Lindelof a lot of problems but he doesn't half love throwing himself down. Everton are decent. Spurs lost and Chelsea also failed to win but United have City next week and will need to start winning a run of games to make an assault on 4th place. They just might. Fernandes has been the spark this team was crying out for.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2020, 08:50:50 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 01, 2020, 08:17:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2020, 07:03:29 PM
Utd haven't played too badly since losing Rashford in fairness. Win a couple more home games and they might be in the mix

The race for 4th has turned into a sort of slow bicycle race.

Yeah I'd say 30 years was a very slow race to get to the top

Yeah, until Ferguson it took United 26 years to get back to the top. They even had a stop off in the old Second Division along the way!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 01, 2020, 09:53:03 PM
Utd haven't played too badly since losing Rashford in fairness. Win a couple more home games and they might be in the mix

Yeah, until Ferguson it took United 26 years to get back to the top. They even had a stop off in the old Second Division along the way!

You'll be fine once Liverpool lift the PL. the bitterness is tough to take, 30 years will do that though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

He's from Mayo.  Thirty years is just a long weekend to him.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2020, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 01, 2020, 09:53:03 PM

You'll be fine once Liverpool lift the PL. the bitterness is tough to take, 30 years will do that though

I'm fine! You are the one who is on the wrong side of the cycle now. Don't worry you have had 7 years experience of it already. Time will fly by!  ;)

BennyCake

Why didn't Sigurdsson get off his ass?!

Capt Pat

Quote from: BennyCake on March 01, 2020, 11:50:20 PM

You got away with one today. That was a perfectly good goal that should have won the game by Everton. He wasn't blocking De Geas view and Maguires touch played him onside.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 02, 2020, 12:52:05 AM

You got away with one today. That was a perfectly good goal that should have won the game by Everton. He wasn't blocking De Geas view and Maguires touch played him onside.

Both pundits on match of the day who hate VAR, said it was a good decision no discussion on that, which Chappers tried to draw more from but never got any more response.

Can't believe Liverpool fans wanting Everton to win a game which has absolutely no bearing on their own progress
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

How did Maguires touch play him onside?  He was still offside from the initial shot.  Player interfering with play by sitting in front of the keeper, easy call really.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

United the better team in the 1st half Everton the better in the 2nd half I think fair to say a draw was the right result and I suppose improvement from the 4-0 trimming received in that fixture last season.

The opening goal of the match was a pure gift to Everton and brainfarts like that has cost United at least 15 points this season.

Bruno continues to impress scored a good goal. Matic who I don't overly rate was very good yesterday. Some save by Pickford to prevent ighalo from scoring the match winner on 90 minutes.  The disallowed goal deep into injury time was the correct call and DeGea made up for his blunder in the build up with a fine save.

Trying to perform well for 90 minutes after Europa league games on Thursdays is becoming more difficult, United don't have the strength in depth to juggle both and can't afford any more injuries in the run-in. Meanwhile Tottenham, Chelsea early exits for the CL should improve their chances to finish 4th and 5th.

BennyCake

After another De Gea howler, it's time to get rid. Recall that Henderson lad from Sheffield Utd and give him a chance.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 02, 2020, 08:38:18 AM

How did Maguires touch play him onside?  He was still offside from the initial shot.  Player interfering with play by sitting in front of the keeper, easy call really.
I can see both arguments tbh, its one of those really freak instances that leave it very hard to judge.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

general

Quote from: BennyCake on March 02, 2020, 11:50:56 AM
After another De Gea howler, it's time to get rid. Recall that Henderson lad from Sheffield Utd and give him a chance.

I'd rather give Romero a good chance. Tried and Tested in Europe/Cups. Phenomenal rate of clean sheets (36 in 56 Utd Games)

BennyCake

Quote from: general on March 02, 2020, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 02, 2020, 11:50:56 AM

I'd rather give Romero a good chance. Tried and Tested in Europe/Cups. Phenomenal rate of clean sheets (36 in 56 Utd Games)

Or that.

I just wouldn't want a good young talent like Henderson to leave. He will be snapped up if he doesn't get a chance at United for next season. I prefer Romero over DDG any day, but regardless of DDG's countless blunders, Romero clearly isn't going to get a proper chance.

Boycey

If you were to pick the area of the field that United have the least amount of worries about it'd be the goalkeeping but we spend an inordinate amount of time discussing it

For what it's worth Romero, who I like, has spent most of his career both at Sampdoria and United content to play 2nd fiddle, 4 Utd managers haven't really seen him as at threat to DeGea. His clean sheet stats can be explained away by the fact a lot of his appearances were in "lesser" games, so I'd not be handing my hat on him being the future

DeGea has been immense for United, admittedly less so in the last couple of seasons and I think hes gone stale and needs a new challenge. It'd probably be beneficial for both him and United should he move on in the summer. Henderson looks ready to be a first choice and United would benefit from his transfer fee and his wage off their books.