Enda Kenny steps down

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, May 17, 2017, 04:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: The Subbie on May 19, 2017, 09:48:45 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 19, 2017, 08:34:42 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 19, 2017, 05:33:22 AM
Callans article is nail on the head stuff. Kenny was a nothing Taoiseach with a really disastrous Minister for Finance. The only thing in his favour is that he may just have been better than his two predecessors who are possibly the two worst taoisigh in the history of the State.

Kenny and Noonan going is a good day but they've caused a lot of damage.

Noonan has been an excellent Minister for Finance in my opinion. Do you remember the state of the economy when he took office? Do you recognise the state of it today?

Vulture funds running wild with no control on them whatsoever, homelessness rampant , property bubble Vers. 2 being pumped and primed by all and sundry as if the years 2008-2013 never happened, national debt growing out of control entirely, yes Noonan has been great hasn't he , it says so in the Sunday independent so it must be true.  ::)

I haven't bought the Sindo in about 5 years - believe it or not, I think for myself.
Maybe try that yourself rather than reading An Phoblacht or whatever 'literature' SF provides these days.

The Minister for Finance is not responsible for housing, so you can't blame him for the homelessness problem.

There is no property bubble, a bubble occurs due to over-lending by banks - the issue at the moment is a lack of housing supply. That probably should have been foreseen (again, not MoF responsibility) but will hopefully be resolved in next couple of years because building is growing month by month.

The National Debit as a % of GDP and Revenue is falling, not "growing out of control".
http://www.ntma.ie/business-areas/funding-and-debt-management/debt-profile/historical-debt/

General Government Debt   Gross National Debt   Cash and Other Financial Assets   National Debt
€€bn   As % of GDP   As % of GG Revenue   €€bn   €€bn   €€bn
2016   200.6   75.4%   274.6%   196.7   11.1   185.6
2015   201.4   78.7%   285.5%   196.6   13.6   183.1
2014   203.3   105.3%   308.4%   197.1   14.8   182.3
2013   215.3   119.5%   349.9%   197.5   23.6   173.9
2012   210.0   119.5%   353.1%   161.5   23.9   137.6
2011   189.7   109.6%   328.7%   136.8   17.7   119.1
2010   144.2   86.3%   260.3%   109.6   16.2   93.4

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

The Subbie

A bit like Micheal's fiscal space these figures whilst hard to read on the phone , tell me that the national debt went from a mere 93.4 Billion in 2010 to 195.6 billion in 2016, more than double.

But not out of control  :o no, definetly not, no siree

Do you check under the bed for shinners every night before you kiss your portraits of Eoin O'Duffy & Enda goodnight and go to sleep ?? You constantly throw that one out when anyone challenges the blue shirt spin that you accept as gospel.

As it stands I accept that Enda Kenny blue shirt or not is most likely a decent man and a good man at heart, a terrible terrible Taoiseach however .
Noonan on the other hand is a bad one, a proper nasty piece of work. The type of blue shirt that wishes Eoin O'Duffy was a bit harder in his persist of a right wing utopia,  The Grace scandal has been nicely brushed under the carpet by the compliant , mostly blue shirt media.

Will you be voting for Leo or Simon in the leadership contest ?
I get the impression you would be more of a Simon man.

Tubberman

Quote from: The Subbie on May 19, 2017, 10:22:18 AM
A bit like Micheal's fiscal space these figures whilst hard to read on the phone , tell me that the national debt went from a mere 93.4 Billion in 2010 to 195.6 billion in 2016, more than double.

Do you check under the bed for shinners every night before you kiss your portraits of Eoin O'Duffy & Enda goodnight and go to sleep ?? You constantly throw that one out when anyone challenges the blue shirt spin that you accept as gospel.

As it stands I accept that Enda Kenny blue shirt or not is most likely a decent man and a good man at heart, a terrible terrible Taoiseach however .
Noonan on the other hand is a bad one, a proper nasty piece of work. The type of blue shirt that wishes Eoin O'Duffy was a bit harder in his persist of a right wing utopia,  The Grace scandal has been nicely brushed under the carpet by the compliant , mostly blue shirt media.

I'm sure you appreciate that the most relevant figure of national debt is as a percentage of GDP which has gone from 119.5% in 2012 & 2013 to 75.4% as of end of 2016.

I think you must be mixing me up with someone else when you say "You constantly throw that one out when anyone challenges the blue shirt spin that you accept as gospel." Can you provide an example of this at all?

While you're at it, can you explain what the Grace case has to do with Michael Noonan's record as Minister for Finance (that's what we're discussing isn't it?)?

I'm not a member of FG, so don't have a vote. If I did, I'm not sure who'd I'd vote for. Varadkar definitely has more charisma, is a better debater, whereas Coveney steadily gets his job done. Which is better in the longer run, I'm not sure. 

Rossfan

Quote from: The Subbie on May 19, 2017, 09:57:17 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 19, 2017, 09:51:36 AM
Jaysus you mayo boys are true Fine Gaelers...maybe that's the answer to the AI woes, change the jersey colours to blue!!

It's posts like this that need a like button !!!
A parochial crowd the aul Mayo blueshirts are aren't they !!!
But the again wasn't Enda a fierce man for the parochial pump  :o ;D 8)
Politicians can only get elected in their own constituency.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Subbie

Quote from: Tubberman on May 19, 2017, 10:37:04 AM

I'm sure you appreciate that the most relevant figure of national debt is as a percentage of GDP which has gone from 119.5% in 2012 & 2013 to 75.4% as of end of 2016.

I think you must be mixing me up with someone else when you say "You constantly throw that one out when anyone challenges the blue shirt spin that you accept as gospel." Can you provide an example of this at all?

While you're at it, can you explain what the Grace case has to do with Michael Noonan's record as Minister for Finance (that's what we're discussing isn't it?)?

I'm not a member of FG, so don't have a vote. If I did, I'm not sure who'd I'd vote for. Varadkar definitely has more charisma, is a better debater, whereas Coveney steadily gets his job done. Which is better in the longer run, I'm not sure. 

I get what you are saying about GDP and considering the figures are issued by the NTMA I suppose they are as right as they are going to be
However it's the actual value of the debt that I can't get by.
The corresponding central statistics office indices won't have risen by that much

Varadkar is nouveau riche FG whilst Coveney is old stock blue blood blue shirt so to speak but of the two he has delivered in the past but is making a balls of his current portfolio.

I'll dig up your past shinner rants when I get a chance

Some interesting reading on the NTMA link, thanks for that.

The Subbie

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=24336.msg1669636#msg1669636

Shinners , the f**kers are everywhere these days

Avondhu star

Quote from: foxcommander on May 18, 2017, 11:10:39 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 18, 2017, 09:03:03 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 18, 2017, 08:04:45 PM
A gobshite Taoiseach for a gobshite people. Freestaters got what they voted for.

You're the one with the inside knowledge of gobshitery

Top notch retort. You're a witty lad.
Thanks. I do my best but honestly I dont have to try too hard here. The standard is low
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Avondhu star

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 19, 2017, 06:33:33 AM
So I presume its Varadkar as successor then?

Whats the deal with Coveney dont really know much about him? Seems more like traditional FG stock than his rival, apart from getting expelled from Clongones Woods  :o
If Coveney gets it prepare yourself for the "loyal Fine Gael big farmer" line. If Varadker we will get the " we are sending a message to the world how progressive we are to be electing a gay Prime Minister and we have thrown off the shackles of traditional Catholic Ireland"
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Rossfan

I suppose Foxeejit wants a United Ireland.
Who exactly does he want to United with?
He calls Kenny a gobsh1te yet he supports the fkn tr**p that's been installed in the White House.
You couldn't make up the likes of Fox in your wildest imagination.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Quote from: The Subbie on May 19, 2017, 11:26:11 AM

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=24336.msg1669636#msg1669636

Shinners , the f**kers are everywhere these days

Have a read of her link you sent and see who's the one spouting rhetoric.

The Subbie

An adhominem response if ever there was one.

The default blue shirt position when caught out.

Begone.

Hotrocks

Thank feck he's gone. Trump Snarlene and Enda are all alike. Horrible bastards the lot of them

armaghniac

Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 01:10:21 PM
Thank feck he's gone. Trump Snarlene and Enda are all alike. Horrible b**tards the lot of them

While we can debate his vision or leadership qualities, I see no evidence of Enda being a horrible b**tard.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tubberman

Quote from: The Subbie on May 19, 2017, 12:42:25 PM
An adhominem response if ever there was one.

The default blue shirt position when caught out.

Begone.

Caught out at what? You haven't been able to stand over practically anything you said.

Off with you.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 19, 2017, 12:01:05 PM
I suppose Foxeejit wants a United Ireland.
Who exactly does he want to United with?
He calls Kenny a gobsh1te yet he supports the fkn tr**p that's been installed in the White House.
You couldn't make up the likes of Fox in your wildest imagination.

Err, that's because it's clearly a troll account created by one of the regular members to post exaggerated bile through in hopes of getting a response like yours.

'Foxcommander' doesn't seem to have much interest in the GAA for someone with a thousand posts on a site called GAABoard.com..