Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2022, 05:21:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:01:05 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 04:39:55 PM
And therein is the crux of the problem, when you are in you are in, no accountability whatsoever, any issues its the disgruntled parents issue or the incapable child.

So they have a system in place, I brought it up earlier, it may not be the answer you are looking for but
ETI inspect schools and sit in classes during a week, they report what they see and those findings are public knowledge.

So if I go to school and teach and go home afterwards am I doing my job? What is it they ain't doing? Or what are you talking about?
It is years between ETI cycles.

The missus has a teacher in her school who doesn't pull her weight and it is reflected in exam results compared to other subjects. She'll keep working there for as long as she wants.

Yeah I can imagine in any walk of life someone is working better than someone else and do you know what? They still have a job...

What you probably are suggesting is what though? Get rid of them because they are not as good as someone else?

Some subjects are easier to get results in some aren't but if we start sacking teachers because they don't better or match results from previous years then you'll have a bigger problem.

You employ someone and unless it's in their contract that it's results based and if you don't meet results ( irrespective of kids who haven't the ability or work ethic) you'll be sacked?

Why would you apply or train to be a teacher?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:29:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:06:38 PM
That's the week they get notice for and the whole school goes buck daft to prepare, yeah that would fit the accountability criteria.

I'll ask one more time, what is it that the teachers aren't doing? And don't give me an example from wee Johnny said...

I'll ask again where is their accountability and don't give me once a few years with notice some box ticking inspection.

Ok give me some of your suggestions please, I'm dying to hear
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:26:24 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 14, 2022, 05:17:01 PM
That's the week they get notice for and the whole school goes buck daft to prepare, yeah that would fit the accountability criteria.

Would be a good idea if you got the facts right instead of making them up 😂😂😂

Oh dear head in sand time.

Not at all. You just don't know how the inspection process is carried out but pretending you do

Barnster

I know schools prepare for them, do they guess the correct week?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:38:18 PM

Like any organisation prepares for them but you didn't get the facts right. 😂😂

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 14, 2022, 05:39:06 PM

Was going to ask the question as he seems glued clued in

Barnster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:31:39 PM

I'll ask one more time, what is it that the teachers aren't doing? And don't give me an example from wee Johnny said...

I'll ask again where is their accountability and don't give me once a few years with notice some box ticking inspection.

I am still trying to establish their accountability, feel free to enlighten me.

Barnster

You know I did, do you put smiles on the papers you slog over in the evenings or is it still pass to left and let the child mark.

FermGael

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:47:35 PM

You know I did, do you put smiles on the papers you slog over in the evenings or is it still pass to left and let the child mark.

Left ?
Always go right
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:45:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:31:39 PM

I am still trying to establish their accountability, feel free to enlighten me.

Who accountability? ETI? They report from their findings to the education dept, the principal and head teachers.. I thought you knew all this?

I've sat through a few over the years, prepare all you want, if you're crap at your job no amount of preparation will actually make you look good

So can you give me your suggestions on what to do or like you've always done with your previous names just avoid the question?

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 04:09:10 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2022, 02:46:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 14, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 13, 2022, 09:59:29 AM
Teachers are inspected every day of the week by parents.

What a stupid comment that is. Do parents then decide the salary increase of the teacher, do parent give the teacher formal coaching conversations or disciplinary if required? Sure school principals cannot even address poor performance levels.

Milltown, you ask for a definition of a poor teacher. It's the same as a poor welder, a poor mechanic etc. Disinterested , no pride in their work, lack of attention to detail, poor communication skills, poor organisational skills. Bottom line = poor results. The difference is the poor welder has repercussions.

Do they though? The poor welder takes up a job welding somewhere else...

I'm not sure what repercussions you are looking? Flogging?  Sack them and then what? Do we have plenty of spare teachers out there?
Yes. It was reported a few years ago that we are training an excess of teachers.

What's the drop off rate? As in how many train up and eventually leave?

You'll have to have excess to cover for sick, retirement, leavers, and so on.

In any job you'll only lose it for gross misconduct.. so define gross misconduct in teaching?

My sister in law blamed the school for her kids not doing well always giving off about them, my daughters went to the same school and it was brilliant, her two kids unfortunately didn't want to be there or do any work, but it was the schools fault!!

I get the feeling disgruntled parents always believe wee Johnny was a good kid
[/b]

That's it in a nutshell.

Parents think therir wee lad or wee girl is a Grade A pupil or can be turned into a Grade A pupil.

Doesn't work like that I think.

If its anything like coaching sport, the parents have the problem with the coaches.

Turf

A lot of triggered teachers on here.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Turf on August 14, 2022, 06:37:55 PM

Aye it's Ronaldos fault I feel  ;D

You're gas 

marty34

Quote from: Turf on August 14, 2022, 06:37:55 PM

No, just a parent and a coach.

Hear all the stories about how it's everybody else's fault.

Parents who won't spend 20 mins kicking about with their children in the garden then get on their high horse because the wee lad or girl isn't making the 'top' panel for a properly run club blitz somewhere.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:47:35 PM

I know you did what ???