Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

no he stuck to his tatics, nethier fella really performed to their best, but hide behind their jabs.
However he did bitch alot to the ref

CiKe

Quote from: pullhard on July 02, 2011, 11:39:03 PM
no he stuck to his tatics, nethier fella really performed to their best, but hide behind their jabs.
However he did bitch alot to the ref

what were his tactics? hard to know. he was yapping from the get go. Klitschko boxed beautifully and did everything he had to do. Certainly he is not going to be the biggest fan favourite as he is inherently cautious, but he boxed the perfect fight - as the scorecards reflect.

McGuigan is talking through his arse, the ref was "disgusting" and he agrees with Adam Booth? Haye was never balanced and milked every opportunity he got to got he canvas. He took a point off Wlad initially, and right enough Haye should not have got a count but he SHOULD have had a point deducted for constantly going to the canvas too easily.

bridgegael

always knew haye was gay,  does not like the klit!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Minder

Agree with you there Cike, the point that Klitscko did lose Haye dropped to his knees. I have always thought Booth was a p***k but tonight reinforced it. Lennox Lewis, who thought Haye would win, said Klitscko had a very easy fight. Nuff said, as they say in England.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

The fight went the distance but wasn't a classic in fact it was a bit of a mess. Haye threw a lot of fresh air shots in the hope of landing a knockout blow but never really tried to fight. It was the wrong tactic and it meant all Klitscko had to do was pick him off with his lengthy jab to win the fight easily.

Twenty euros cost for a freind of mine on pay per view. I don't know if it was worth it. I think it was the first time I sat through a full pro fight in a long time.

Minder

Carlsberg dont do weekends but........

Murray got his bollocks beat,

Haye, see above

Pity they couldnt have delayed the Champions League Final for five weeks...............

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Square Ball

that was one sh1t fight, all that balllox from the commentators stating it a was tremendous was a load of auld balls IMHO.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

paco

Don't think we'll hear the end of this for a while...

http://yfrog.com/h31v5dcj

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Cityslickr

When you think back to what happened to the likes of Michael Watson, Hayes comments about putting Klitschko in hospital were a disgrace!! Delighted he got his comeuppance!!!

pullhard

deiseach

Quote from: Square Ball on July 03, 2011, 01:42:36 AM
that was one sh1t fight, all that balllox from the commentators stating it a was tremendous was a load of auld balls IMHO.

It lasted long enough for the fans to get drunk (© Lucius Sweet)

Atticus_Finch

I over estimated Haye's speed and under estimated Klitschko's hand speed.

Haye had no answer to Klitschko's jab, thought he would have had the speed to get on the inside when needed but he didn't.

klitschko made him look a smaller man than valuev did ... haye had to jump at klitschko to try and get at him and more often than not fell embarassingly to the canvas.

The knockdown wasn't a knockldown but think the ref was entitled to score that as one, considering the amount of times haye fell.

For all his talk it must be a disappointing end to his career, if he is going to live up to his word and hang up the gloves in october.

Don't think he has all the much choice but to now ...

His performance or his broken toe excuse isn't going to get him another shot at the klitschko's again.

If he doesn't hang up the gloves, he can content himself with fighting the likes of Del Boy Chisora and tyson fury for a few years

Or go back down to cruiserweight and end his days there.

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Hardy

My My, Haye Haye. 
It's better to burn out
Than to fade away.

INDIANA

Was the equivalent of a 4-15 to 0-5 points defeat in a Gaa match.

Haye was hammered and whingeing after the event  wont hide it.