Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Paddy Power has Klitscko 4/7 and Haye 6/4.

Atticus_Finch

Far from an expert on it but i've backed Haye to win by decision/technical decision at 10/1.

I could see him trying to inflict a bit of damage in rounds one and two and then sit back and let Klitschko come at him, been listening to Haye's main sparring partner david price talk a bit this week and by the sounds of it haye will be content enough to let klitschko have the centre ground while he circles and dukes in and out as necessary.

Adam Booth, Haye's trainer, is normally pretty good at getting the fight strategy right, he got it spot on for the Valuev fight and gave Groves the perfect blueprint against De Gale. i still think De Gale won the fight but Grove's was the author of the more eye catching action.

Realise that Klitschko will be a different prospect altogether for haye but same could be said for Haye for Klitschko, don't think he'll have fought anyone as fast as Haye.

For me I can't see haye being stopped unless he shows a lot of himself to Klitschko.  What I could see happening is if the fight is fairly close going into the latter rounds then Haye would be under pressure to catch the eye of the judges or even better take it out of their hands.  If that does materialise, I could see Haye exposing himself enough for klitschko to avail of that opportunity and KO Haye.  Therefore i've also hedged my punt a small bit with two Klitschko KO punts  -  Klitschko to win by KO in round 11 (28/1) and Klitschko to win by KO in round 12 (33/1).

If it does go to decision i think Haye will prevail, Booth's fighters know the importance of catching the eye and like i said before i think the judges will feel a bit of pressure to give the 'away' fighter the benefit of the doubt after what happened with macklin.

While i don't think it will be a great fight,  it'll be very interesting to see how it pans out.

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

The Worker

I backed the draw 50/1.

armagho9

Quote from: The Worker on July 02, 2011, 06:46:22 PM
I backed the draw 50/1.

Might not be a bad bet.  Its tough to call, if it goes to points and you think Haye is slightly ahead then you could be onto something.  The judges will want to give it to Klitscko but will not want to be seen to be robbing another fighter coming to Germany for a world title fight (after last week) so they might use a draw as a way out.  Might go and do it myself

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

CiKe

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 02, 2011, 06:26:18 PM
Far from an expert on it but i've backed Haye to win by decision/technical decision at 10/1.

I could see him trying to inflict a bit of damage in rounds one and two and then sit back and let Klitschko come at him, been listening to Haye's main sparring partner david price talk a bit this week and by the sounds of it haye will be content enough to let klitschko have the centre ground while he circles and dukes in and out as necessary.

Adam Booth, Haye's trainer, is normally pretty good at getting the fight strategy right, he got it spot on for the Valuev fight and gave Groves the perfect blueprint against De Gale. i still think De Gale won the fight but Grove's was the author of the more eye catching action.

Realise that Klitschko will be a different prospect altogether for haye but same could be said for Haye for Klitschko, don't think he'll have fought anyone as fast as Haye.

For me I can't see haye being stopped unless he shows a lot of himself to Klitschko.  What I could see happening is if the fight is fairly close going into the latter rounds then Haye would be under pressure to catch the eye of the judges or even better take it out of their hands.  If that does materialise, I could see Haye exposing himself enough for klitschko to avail of that opportunity and KO Haye.  Therefore i've also hedged my punt a small bit with two Klitschko KO punts  -  Klitschko to win by KO in round 11 (28/1) and Klitschko to win by KO in round 12 (33/1).

If it does go to decision i think Haye will prevail, Booth's fighters know the importance of catching the eye and like i said before i think the judges will feel a bit of pressure to give the 'away' fighter the benefit of the doubt after what happened with macklin.

While i don't think it will be a great fight,  it'll be very interesting to see how it pans out.

I'd disagree Atticus about Haye on points. Wladimir has been into the late rounds many many times, Haye hasn't - he's gone 12 rounds twice in his entire career, and he spent most of the Valuev fight on his bike, rather than engaged in action. Don't see him being able to do that against Wlad. Also the judges shouldn't and won't feel pressure, Macklin Sturm was close fight but was no highway robbery.

I like the look of the odds on a late Klitschko KO myself though.

paco

Starts at 10, doesn't it? Anyone planning to watch a stream?

CiKe

sjy box office dont half put some crap in amongst the coverage. are they going to show the undercard at all? no idea who's on it but cant be worse than this tripe...

bennydorano

Few quid an Vlad in Round 7, 16/1

under the bar

Haye seems to be some sc**bag.  Fresh from his comments about his last fight being so one sided it was "like a gang-rape" he says he's going to send Klitschko to the hospital in an ambulance.

A tr**p of the highest order.  Klitschko shows a bit of class by wishing him good health.

screenmachine

If anyone discovers any decent links get them up...I want  Wlad to put Haye on his ass just to see Haye's reaction in the post match press conference... :D
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

omagh_gael

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Cant abide Hayes manager, Adrian Booth. Wouldnt mind seeing the other brother giving him a lacing.

Why the f**k is Lennon Lewis wearing a hat?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"