Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Hate Sky's portrayal of this fight as Rocky v. Drago. Completely ridiculous. I hope Haye gets his lights put out.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 29, 2011, 09:32:43 AM
Quote from: Rav67 on June 29, 2011, 12:35:54 AM
A lot will hinge on Haye's strategy.  If Haye tries to recreate the Valuev fight and willingly concedes the centre ground he will find it very difficult to hurt Klitschko from those positions.  Wlad is a well-conditioned fighter and will continue finding his jab throughout the fight, and the extra agression should see him through on the judges scorecards in my opinion.

If Haye tries to grab the centre of the ring and force Klitschko back it will be a very interesting contest and I would expect a stoppage.  I would still just about fancy Klitschko to get it in that scenario but I think Haye needs to be agressive and come forward in this fight to have a good chance of winning.

You would think that the tactics that worked against Valuev would not work against Klitschko, Valuev had no technical skills at all and was as slow as a carthorse.  As mentioned above, I think Haye needs to be really aggressive and go at Klitschko.  Klitschko has been down quite abit in his career and Haye possess' a speed and power combination that Klitschko will never have faced before, therefore Haye really needs to make life uncomfortable for Klitschko and take him out of his comfort zone, otherwise Klitschko will simply fight his normal fight and jab all night long keeping Haye at bay.  The one big advantage for Haye is that Klitschko fights the same fight all the time, and at this stage of his career he isn't going to change.  Therefore, you would imagine that every movement he makes has been analysed and implemented into the haye strategy.  The same cannot be said about Haye, he has fought a different kind of fight for most of his previous 4 or 5 so Klitschko will not be able to really predict his style.  I think Haye will knock him out personally.

It would be cheating for anyone else to do it.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 29, 2011, 11:02:52 PM
Hate Sky's portrayal of this fight as Rocky v. Drago. Completely ridiculous. I hope Haye gets his lights put out.

Absolutely.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

whitegoodman

Anyone any idea what time the fight is due to start.  I know the show starts at 8 but will they be holding it back slightly later for the american viewers or will it be the usual 1030/11pm.

Have a prearranged night out with the inlaws but if I knew the fight was on about 12 I would make sure id be home for it.  Ragen if I miss it cause of her ul ones >:(

Minder

They reckon around 10pm.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

whitegoodman

Cheers, not what i wanted to hear!

attheraces

I'm no boxing expert or mind guru, but does anyone else get a sense that Haye is sort of nervous. From what I have seen of him lately compared to previous fights there is just an edge that is missing. Been so impressed with Klitchsko, the way he handles himself and he's a great talker. Seen him on BBC Breakfast a few months ago and he was great on it.

Haye adds a bit of hype and I like his cockiness but I think he might be more bark than bite. Would love to see Klitchsko knock him out just so I don't have to listen to the British media.

Can you imagine what papers like the Sun on Monday morning will be like if Haye wins and Andy Murray wins Wimbledon?
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

bridgegael

yeah get this impession with haye also.  through all of his bullshit u get the feelin he is not as confident as he makes out.   
klitschko to win inside 6 rounds
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

laoislad

Hope Haye gets put on his hole.
I have no problem with a fella having confidence in himself but Haye is a complete pain in the arse.
The weigh in is on there now on Sky and the English fight fans are making me wish even more that Haye is knocked out.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

CiKe

Klitschko hasn't beaten anyone in less than six rounds since Ray Austin. Unless Haye really comes after him I wouldn't be putting money on a Klitschko KO n the first half. The longer the fight goes on, the more I see Haye sitting on the seat of his pants. Fingers crossed.

gawa316

magpie seanie

paco

Where are the experts placing their money tonight?

armagho9

No expert but think Klitschko will win in the second half of the fight, have not made my mind up whether to go for the 7th-9th, or 10th -12th.  Klitschko on points at 9-2 is a decent looking bet as well