Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

khan saying on five live that they will be no re match as he is at world class level where as our boy only at european level
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

beer baron

Khan ="he refused to carry on" & " I stumbled him a few times". Gimme a break.

Think very disrespectful afterwards from Khan, I reckon Bradley schools him, but unfortunately not a puncher to punish him. I'd like to see Cotto or Moseley get in against him. Mosely might be slowing down massively but he aint been stopped (until a few weeks time agaist pac man), and has serious power to put him on the seat of his pants.

I might've mis understood it but i think he was talking about the ref when he said that!Awful decision by the ref to stop it,looked like Khan was getting more and more eager to get the fight over and done with as the fight went on and Mc Cluskey gave me the impression of a man willing to bide his time until he got his chance to land a big combo and finish it,but i'm only a part timer so........

The Claw

Lads the tv guys can't find one solid punch landed by Kahn except for the body punch. He couldn't get near him!

Milltown Row2

we can all talk a good fight but here is is the simple reality, Khan had won the fight up to the 6th round could have won another two rounds and would have left McCloskey needing a knockout. Khan didn't land too many hard punches but neither did Dudey
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Claw

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2011, 11:05:07 PM
we can all talk a good fight but here is is the simple reality, Khan had won the fight up to the 6th round could have won another two rounds and would have left McCloskey needing a knockout. Khan didn't land too many hard punches but neither did Dudey
Agreed but as Collins said, he made Kahn look ordinary and as the fight went on was coming more into it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Claw on April 16, 2011, 11:01:22 PM
Lads the tv guys can't find one solid punch landed by Kahn except for the body punch. He couldn't get near him!
McCloskey is in the game long enough to know the busier fighter will take the points in a tight round, so although there may be cause for complaint on the decision of the doctor and ref, Khan was deemed to be ahead on the card.

CiKe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2011, 11:05:07 PM

Not disputing that Milltown, I've said he was clearly losing, and likely would have needed to stop him (or drop him a few times) which did not look likelly, but decision from doctor beggars belief in my opinion. No such thing as a good cut but wasn't a bleeder.

What annoys me more than anything is Khan afterwards saying he din't want to know. Didn't like him before, thought he was over rated, continue to think he is overrated and hope he gets his arse handed to him sooner rather than later.

The Claw

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2011, 11:07:59 PM
Quote from: The Claw on April 16, 2011, 11:01:22 PM
McCloskey is in the game long enough to know the busier fighter will take the points in a tight round, so although there may be cause for complaint on the decision of the doctor and ref, Khan was deemed to be ahead on the card.
I agree, I had all 3 rounds to Kahn and maybe a draw in the fourth (as you can see from my posts) simply because he was the busier fighter. If Dudey could have capitalised on Kahn's misses it might have been different. Just making the point that Dudey's defence was outstanding

Milltown Row2

All those flashy boxers say those things, don't fault him for that. he was made to look ordinary but still won the rounds handy, Thought Dudey could have landed more punches as he was dominating the ring and taking the fight to Khan.

Have been to many fights and this happens, less so in title fights to be fair but it did bleed quite heavy at the start, but wasn't that bad on reflection.

Done Dudey no harm and will open up more title fights for him, Inter continental maybe
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Class of 99

Disgusted by Freddie Roach's comments, Paul never quit and I thought Freddie had more class than that. Khan ahead no doubt but it was only half time, he looked a bit drained at the weight so who knows.
Would the ref have stopped it if it was the other way round?? Just looked like team Khan were more than happy with the outcome, most champions would have been Disappointed with victory in such circumstances.

CiKe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2011, 11:16:02 PM
All those flashy boxers say those things, don't fault him for that. he was made to look ordinary but still won the rounds handy, Thought Dudey could have landed more punches as he was dominating the ring and taking the fight to Khan.

Have been to many fights and this happens, less so in title fights to be fair but it did bleed quite heavy at the start, but wasn't that bad on reflection.

Done Dudey no harm and will open up more title fights for him, Inter continental maybe

I'd absolutely fault him for that, shows no class whatsoever. He believes his own hype. I may be wrong of course but he certainly aint Pac-Man mark 2.

Not sure about opening things up for Dudey We knew how awkward he was, now so does everyone else. I hope you're right but I fear the opposite.

Sandino

Dudley is on Radio 5 Live with the fat boy! Poor form from Khan with those comments. A true champion conducts himself much better than that.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Bensars

It was never going to be a fight where mc closkey came out blazing leaving himself open to be picked off. Khan threw more but never really landed anything woth note. However Khan was slowing down and his punch count was dropping. Mc closkeys game plan was obviusly for the secong half of the fight.

The Khan team  were quickly telling him ( or what appearred to be ) that there would be no rematch. They'll absorb the controversy and it will be forgot about in a day or two.

In a strange way it may have done Mc closkey no harm at all.

Dont think Khan is good enough to unify the division and it is a hype media machine. Never ever seen Barry Hearn react in such a manner which is indicitive to how bad a decision it was.

De la hoya and Khan quick to quash any talk of a rematch and all the talks of appeals are futile as it was a voluntary defence by Khan.

Honestly belive that Mc Closkey was turning and would have opened up more to give Khan a fright and half in the remainder

Newbridge Exile

Very unsatisfactory end to the fight , yes Kahn won at least 4 of the first five rounds but he didn't hurt Dudey and who knows what might have happened , , have been been watching boxingfor a long time and can't remember a fight being stopped so quickly for a cut before( esp with 30 secs to go to the end of the round) ,  Paul you did Dungiven, Derry and Ireland proud.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Heard there was a bit of trouble at the event.

Let's just hope Board Regular Atticus Finch gets home with both his person and his sanity intact.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead