Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

Joke alright, Ainscough knew himself he was beat.

Robin reid should hang up the gloves, came across as a right bell end in that fight.

I know next to nothing about jahmaine Smyle but have backed him in running, he looks some size of man for that weight.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

gallsman

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on March 23, 2011, 09:23:00 PM
Joke alright, Ainscough knew himself he was beat.

Robin reid should hang up the gloves, came across as a right bell end in that fight.

I know next to nothing about jahmaine Smyle but have backed him in running, he looks some size of man for that weight.

Robin Reid is still fighting???

Atticus_Finch

That was my reaction when i saw the fighters involved Gallsman.  In fairness for a 40 year old he still looks in good shape.

But he's a long way from the days when he made things tough for Calzaghe.

I backed this guy Jahmain Smyle to win the last fight on the basis of the size of him alone and he duly obliged at 3/1.

Also stuck a couple on him at 16/1 to win the whole shabang. He's now 3/1.  It's super middleweight prizefighter but he seems like your big lad out of the Green Mile in comparison to the rest of the fighters on show.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on March 20, 2011, 03:35:15 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 20, 2011, 02:55:18 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 20, 2011, 02:52:29 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 19, 2011, 10:20:24 PM
Anyone see the Klitchko "fight"? Boxing could have done without that.

Solis confirmed with torn cruciate in his right knee. Vitali claiming it was his hard punching that forced him down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xd8Xc6qJIo

In the Sky studios Johnny Nelson reckoned he took a dive, in fairness to McGuigan he put him straight.

It's an odd one. His face didn't show any real signs of hurt or anguish. I suppose Henry Shefflin's didn't either and he had the same injury. Can cruciate injuries be mild?

If his cruciate is done then I was wrong and I'm happy to say so. I wasn't the only one who thought it was a dive, Klitchko himself and all the crowd were bulling. Solis didn't seem too pissed off either.

gallsman

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on March 23, 2011, 09:44:08 PM
That was my reaction when i saw the fighters involved Gallsman.  In fairness for a 40 year old he still looks in good shape.

But he's a long way from the days when he made things tough for Calzaghe.

I backed this guy Jahmain Smyle to win the last fight on the basis of the size of him alone and he duly obliged at 3/1.

Also stuck a couple on him at 16/1 to win the whole shabang. He's now 3/1.  It's super middleweight prizefighter but he seems like your big lad out of the Green Mile in comparison to the rest of the fighters on show.

Reid was a decent fighter in his time. I remember a fight against Sven Ottke about ten years ago where he was, if not scandalously robbed, at least on the wrong side of the decision.

CiKe

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 24, 2011, 06:44:50 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 20, 2011, 03:35:15 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 20, 2011, 02:55:18 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 20, 2011, 02:52:29 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 19, 2011, 10:20:24 PM
Anyone see the Klitchko "fight"? Boxing could have done without that.

Solis confirmed with torn cruciate in his right knee. Vitali claiming it was his hard punching that forced him down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xd8Xc6qJIo

In the Sky studios Johnny Nelson reckoned he took a dive, in fairness to McGuigan he put him straight.

It's an odd one. His face didn't show any real signs of hurt or anguish. I suppose Henry Shefflin's didn't either and he had the same injury. Can cruciate injuries be mild?

If his cruciate is done then I was wrong and I'm happy to say so. I wasn't the only one who thought it was a dive, Klitchko himself and all the crowd were bulling. Solis didn't seem too pissed off either.

Must say only watched it once but I never got the impression was a dive and thought he genuinely looked like the leg wouldn't support him. He was winning the round till that point - what I wasn't sure of was whether the punch had him going down anyway or whether the knee went first

DuffleKing

Very Disappointed with Lee at the weekend. Never seen his movement as poor and disappointed how easily he was caught. He looked very stiff.
To his credit, his punching power got him out of the hole he had dug himself into.

nrico2006

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 25, 2011, 09:39:59 AM

Very Disappointed with Lee at the weekend. Never seen his movement as poor and disappointed how easily he was caught. He looked very stiff.
To his credit, his punching power got him out of the hole he had dug himself into.

He always looks stiff and robotic, doesn't seem to have much flair but does possess power.  At least he won against an opponent who has had an impressive career to date.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rav67

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2011, 10:28:54 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on March 25, 2011, 09:39:59 AM

He always looks stiff and robotic, doesn't seem to have much flair but does possess power.  At least he won against an opponent who has had an impressive career to date.

McEwan looked a handy enough fighter to be fair to Lee and was capable of throwing much better combinations.  Lee fights southpaw but he's right-handed I think and his jabs certainly seem to carry a lot of power.  He leaves himself quite open at times though when he throws right hooks.  Martinez would tear him apart but he would have a chance against some of the other title holders in the division.

DuffleKing

Down memory lane...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-XxF3kmG8k

what an idiot andrew golota was

laceer

Just watched a good show on bbc4 about the cuban under 12 boxing championship. Worth checking out on iplayer

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Atticus_Finch

Just heard that Wayne McCullough is going to be fighting on the undercard of the Dudey fight -  I know what you're thinking, this is an Aprils' fools - apparently not !

He is going to fight Rendall Munroe for the WBA International Super Bantamweight title.

last time i saw him he was giving abuse to an old timer, Belfast telegraph journalist jack magowan .... it was a pathetic sight.  If this sham of a fight goes ahead, it will be an even more pathetic sight.

Atticus_Finch

McCloskey fight is no longer going to be on PPV, it's now going to be on Sky Sports 3.

Sky are not happy with the quality of the undercard and therefore dont think it makes the grade as a PPV bill.

I know that for those of you not going to the fight, your response will be 'happy days' i don't have to fork out £15 for it now.

It's unlikely - but i'm slightly worried the fight may not go ahead now, Khan was getting more than the lions share of PPV revenue and will be out of pocket big time because of this.  Also i'd say the promoters (Hatton/Golden Boy) would have also got a chunk of PPV revenue and will also not be happy.

But pulling the plug with just over a week to go of the fight would be a bold move but Khan and his people are that money orientated i wouldn't put it past them.

P.S I'm embarassed by the above post, was close to deleting it  :-[ ,  it was an April Fools i fell for hook, line and sinker after having a few jars.