Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I see RTE are not showing Big Bangs fight against Rigondeaux, unbelievable.  They would rather screen him fight a chump like Hylands yet he gets a Worl Title shot against one of the greatest amateurs ever and they decide to miss it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Atticus_Finch

http://www.amirkhanworld.com/?p=1132  - It's official - Dudey and Khan will get it on - April the 16th.  Iceman's email to skysports sealed the deal, cheers Iceman.

P.S nrico that's an absolute disgrace, they definitely not showing it ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Rav67

Can't believe RTE not showing Casey's fight, remember this is the same "world" title Dunne won and there was a lot of hulabaloo for that.  He's arrived at this stage a lot sooner than Dunne as well so he deserves the fight to have his fight televised.  Also it's on the same day as Ireland v England in the rugger, two days after St Patricks Day, and would get a good audience between people watching at home or in the pub.

Atticus I think your tweets to Khan must have goaded him into upping his offer.

Atticus_Finch

Agree absolutely Rav, televising that fight is a no brainer - great clash of styles and comes after Ireland vs England game, it would draw in the viewers no bother.  I'm going to the rugby game and i was looking forward to nothing more than watching the Casey fight in the pub with the company of an array of Guinness.

Ortiz vs Berto has been lined up for the undercard of the Dudey vs Khan fight.  It's close to being a done deal.  Not a bad fight at all for the undercard !  Hope you'll be making the trip to Manchester Rav, it's going to be an epic weekend ... Derry game tomorrow ?

STREET FIGHTER

Right Dudey level him!!

Atticus_Finch

Folks if any of you are thinking of getting tickets for the McCloskey vs Khan fight, don't go through ticketmaster, go the local option and go through McCloskey's website (http://www.paulmccloskey.com/) or else get a Dungiven friend to do a local pickup for you or there are a number of outlets doing them.

Why ???  Well if you go through ticketmaster you're going to be paying a booking fee on top of your ticket price, if you go local you won't but more importantly the only fighter that benefits from ticketmaster ticket money is Khan. 

The Iceman

I understand you don't like Khan, I'm not a big fan myself but if he has brokered a deal with Ticketmaster for a % of sales why would you begrudge him that?
He is the champ, he is the bigger draw and if he has engineered these deals then good luck to him.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Atticus_Finch

?? I don't begrudge him that, he's entitled to do that and good luck to him. 

I just feel that most Irish boxing fans if they knew would rather get tickets through McCloskey and benefit a local fighter rather than Khan. 

They'd also save on the booking fee by getting tickets through McCloskey and will be seated with his fans as well.

Just wanted to communicate that to people, if they don't want to listen to me they don't have to.  But 9 out of 10 fans travelling from here will be rooting for McCloskey and are likely to want to be seated together with his fans.  Just trying to let those people know that rather than go on ticketmaster they have other another option.

it's up to them what they do.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 08, 2011, 09:02:57 AM
?? I don't begrudge him that, he's entitled to do that and good luck to him. 

I just feel that most Irish boxing fans if they knew would rather get tickets through McCloskey and benefit a local fighter rather than Khan. 

They'd also save on the booking fee by getting tickets through McCloskey and will be seated with his fans as well.

Just wanted to communicate that to people, if they don't want to listen to me they don't have to.  But 9 out of 10 fans travelling from here will be rooting for McCloskey and are likely to want to be seated together with his fans.  Just trying to let those people know that rather than go on ticketmaster they have other another option.

it's up to them what they do.

Cheers AF.

How much do they cost anyway??

Atticus_Finch

They range in price Streetfighter from £40, £50, £75, £125, £200 or £300.

Thanks

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 08, 2011, 03:09:53 PM
They range in price Streetfighter from £40, £50, £75, £125, £200 or £300.

Thanks

Cheers AF.

Only been to Magherafelt and Letterkenny to see him so far.

If i get the chance to travel i'll likely avail of ticket from the £40-£75 bracket.

Fingers crossed he does it!

Atticus_Finch

Good News ... TV3 are going to televise the Bang Bang Casey vs Rigondeaux.

I know you probably want me to change the record but just to let you know ... McCloskey vs Khan tickets will be on sale at the spar in Dungiven 2moro night at 7-9pm.

nrico2006

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on February 11, 2011, 12:04:41 AM
Good News ... TV3 are going to televise the Bang Bang Casey vs Rigondeaux.

I know you probably want me to change the record but just to let you know ... McCloskey vs Khan tickets will be on sale at the spar in Dungiven 2moro night at 7-9pm.

Not good news if you can't get TV3.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Sandino

Hi Atticus, Have you any idea of the price range for the Khan fight?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Sandino on February 11, 2011, 09:49:33 AM
Hi Atticus, Have you any idea of the price range for the Khan fight?

aye he quoted the prices earlier sandino, heres a link: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=5425.1770
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w