Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Boxing is so fixed!! that guy blattered him for 12 rounds and still lost!! Macklin should be embarrassed big time after winning that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omagh_gael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2010, 09:56:24 PM
Boxing is so fixed!! that guy blattered him for 12 rounds and still lost!! Macklin should be embarrassed big time after winning that

As in Sepp?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

thought that was a strange decision by the ref to stop that one
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

RealSpiritof98

Stayed up and watched the Khan fight, what a great fight it was, he showed some balls to come through that one although if i didnt have him backed i would probably say he should have been beat.

Did anyone see the Ortiz fight, had him backed too, how f**king frustrating was that, all he had to do was fart and he would have fell in the third.

gallsman

Khan showed guts and class. However it's surely a worry that he can be so superior in a fight and only win it by an aggregate seven points across the three cards.

He won't fight Pacquiao - Roach trains the two of them and they're current sparring partners. The calling out of Mayweather is ridiculous. Khan got tagged umpteen times by a brave, tough and powerful, but in the end limited fighter. Someone like Mayweather would slice him open and gets hit so rarely (by far the best defensive fighter on the planet) that Khan would struggle to get at him at all. Mayweather doesn't have to go looking for knockouts - he'd comfortably win on points or by referee/corner stoppage in my head at the minute.

Hope Khan's team set up a unification fight with the winner of Bradley-Alexander. I reckon Bradley will take it and would probably take Amir too. He's definitely improved since Prescott but has a long way to go before he considers looking at Floyd.

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on December 13, 2010, 01:25:28 PM
Khan showed guts and class. However it's surely a worry that he can be so superior in a fight and only win it by an aggregate seven points across the three cards.

He won't fight Pacquiao - Roach trains the two of them and they're current sparring partners. The calling out of Mayweather is ridiculous. Khan got tagged umpteen times by a brave, tough and powerful, but in the end limited fighter. Someone like Mayweather would slice him open and gets hit so rarely (by far the best defensive fighter on the planet) that Khan would struggle to get at him at all. Mayweather doesn't have to go looking for knockouts - he'd comfortably win on points or by referee/corner stoppage in my head at the minute.

Hope Khan's team set up a unification fight with the winner of Bradley-Alexander. I reckon Bradley will take it and would probably take Amir too. He's definitely improved since Prescott but has a long way to go before he considers looking at Floyd.

True.  I hear Amir saying he wants to fight Floyd in a few years when they are both at their peak, he seems to be trying to take the sly options by fighting the like of Floyd when he is finished in the same way as he fought an old MAB who was at too high a weight.  Khan looks mangled today, and as pointed out Maidana has a big punch but is not near the best in terms of technical ability.  Both Bradley and Alexander would beat Khan.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/dec/13/amir-khan-floyd-mayweather-fight

Khan telling a few fibs yesterday morning apparently saying he wasn't hurt in the 10th and new exactly where he was the entire time - Roach has admitted he considered throwing in the towel and between the 10th and 11th Joe Cortez reminded him that it was his duty to protect him.

If Khan can't get a fight arranged against Bradley/Alexander I think Maidana deserves a rematch. I don't think the result would be any different but it would be interesting to see if Roach can cool Khan down again - he must have been seething when he saw Khan trying to trade blows after getting rocked.

tyroneboi

I just watched the 10th round on youtube there and he did very well to survive it. If he wasn't beside the ropes when the initial punch landed he would have been on his ass.

ross4life

Finally got to see the Khan fight on Sky sports tonight. was a classic fight that rolled back the years! khan has certainly improved his chin has to be a rematch after this fight?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

nrico2006

Everyone getting carried away with Khan's victory over Maidana.  A good win but he will be found out when he fights someone top drawer who is well equipped technically.  I love the way he keepes saying he wants to fight Mayweather in a few years 'when they will both be at their peak'.  He would run a mile if the fight was made now, he is trying to catch the like of PBF when he is on the way doen, the same way he got MAB.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

I agree. Khan has improved and is a good boxer now but he was a lucky boy to make it through the 10th round the other night. It could easily have been another defeat on his record. He beat a good boxer the other night but he is nowhere even near the standard to mentioned in the same sentence as Mayweather. The bloody English would sicken you, they seem to forget that their savour, Ricky Hatton, got taught a hard lesson against Mayweather.  Saying that, Khan is still only 24 and has plenty of time on his side to improve into a world class boxer. But he is going to be hit a few more times like the other night and against better fighters he will be stopped, could you imagine Pac Man letting him survive that 10th round?

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on December 17, 2010, 11:27:45 AM
I agree. Khan has improved and is a good boxer now but he was a lucky boy to make it through the 10th round the other night. It could easily have been another defeat on his record. He beat a good boxer the other night but he is nowhere even near the standard to mentioned in the same sentence as Mayweather. The bloody English would sicken you, they seem to forget that their savour, Ricky Hatton, got taught a hard lesson against Mayweather.  Saying that, Khan is still only 24 and has plenty of time on his side to improve into a world class boxer. But he is going to be hit a few more times like the other night and against better fighters he will be stopped, could you imagine Pac Man letting him survive that 10th round?

No way, he reminds me of Bernard Dunne in the way that you were always waiting for him to go down at some stage in each fight.  Against the top drawer boxers, Khan will not make it to the 12th.  I don't care what anyone thinks, he still has a glass jaw and it will be exposed again soon.

nrico2006

Bit of a disgrace again for Boxings reputation at the weekend in light of Hopkins not getting the decision.  How the hell can you not win a fight when you have scored higher on the judges cards?  Disgrace. 

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 20, 2010, 02:01:39 PM
Bit of a disgrace again for Boxings reputation at the weekend in light of Hopkins not getting the decision.  How the hell can you not win a fight when you have scored higher on the judges cards?  Disgrace.

Boxing has a reputation that can be disgraced??