Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I thought it was more a case of Willie Casey using Hylands as a punch bag for 4 rounds.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenmachine

Hylands didn't box too bad although it was clear that Casey was just that bit better. Casey looks like the kind of boy you could hit with a hammer and he'd still come back at you!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: screenmachine on November 16, 2010, 05:28:01 PM
Hylands didn't box too bad although it was clear that Casey was just that bit better. Casey looks like the kind of boy you could hit with a hammer and he'd still come back at you!

Exactly, i though Hylands was boxing well, he looks tidy, Casey just that bit better but also remeber that he took the fight with Casey on 2 weeks notice.

If Casey can come through Kiko Martinez next, which should be a good one, then id love to see a showdown with Carl Frampton.  Frampton was in Limerick watching the fight last week so id say he has his eye on Casey.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: The Iceman on November 16, 2010, 02:46:55 PM
Do you think Audley took a fall in the 3rd. Watched video online and Haye appeared to Nod and say "Now" before throwing a combination that dropped Audley for the first time..... Audley was always going to lose so he may have took the fall and had some money on the fight with Haye.......

Just after seeing the video.

Definately looks as if he said 'now'.

Very dodgy stuff but not that suprised given his opened admission of betting on the 3rd round.

I just wonder if Audley had £3million on the 3rd round...........

imtommygunn

I watched it again and thought Audley looked like he couldn't be bothered getting hit any more and just fell over to stop it...

Taking a dive would explain a lot. Someone has to have been having a laugh with that fight.

Minder

True Stories : Tyson on tonight on More4 at 10pm.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 16, 2010, 09:07:22 PM
I watched it again and thought Audley looked like he couldn't be bothered getting hit any more and just fell over to stop it...

Taking a dive would explain a lot. Someone has to have been having a laugh with that fight.

Maybe youve already seen this but check this out even though its from the sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3229460/Moments-before-Audley-Harrison-hit-the-canvas-did-David-Haye-call-Now.html

imtommygunn

I'm not an expert lip reader but that was definitely more than one word he mouthed...

I don't believe for a second it was rigged. Harrison has continually looked like a chump, taken a pounding and somehow come back into the public profile. He is exactly what the media wants / needs and they build him up.

He is still a terrible boxer. I would go as far as saying he is a pathetic boxer. He does not have the heart for it.He sums up what a farce heavyweight boxing actually is and Haye is a joke who has lost any credibility he had for having fought him too.

<Rant over>

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 16, 2010, 10:11:16 PM
I'm not an expert lip reader but that was definitely more than one word he mouthed...

I don't believe for a second it was rigged. Harrison has continually looked like a chump, taken a pounding and somehow come back into the public profile. He is exactly what the media wants / needs and they build him up.

He is still a terrible boxer. I would go as far as saying he is a pathetic boxer. He does not have the heart for it.He sums up what a farce heavyweight boxing actually is and Haye is a joke who has lost any credibility he had for having fought him too.

<Rant over>

Disagree with this completely. Haye took the fight because it was easy money. A lot of money.

Haye is a quality, quality boxer - technically superior to either of the Klitschkos. He's incredibly fast and his movement is excellent. However, he's still small for a heavyweight and will rightly earn plaudits if and when he fights either of them.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: gallsman on November 17, 2010, 11:41:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 16, 2010, 10:11:16 PM

<Rant over>

Disagree with this completely. Haye took the fight because it was easy money. A lot of money.

Haye is a quality, quality boxer - technically superior to either of the Klitschkos. He's incredibly fast and his movement is excellent. However, he's still small for a heavyweight and will rightly earn plaudits if and when he fights either of them.

As well as that, it was afight that the British public wanted to see hence the sell out MEN and box office figures so I also say fair play to Haye for taking the fight, he had a lot more to lose than Harrison but gave the public what they wanted (even if it did turn out to be commode).   
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

whiskeysteve

The british boxing marketing machine is in full swing. haye has had 4 fights at heavyweight. Monte Barret - Valuev - John Ruiz and now the joke of the lot Fraudley.

He hasn't even fought an Arreola or Adamek or Peter level of heavyweight.

Either Klitschko will pound him
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

gallsman

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 17, 2010, 04:14:35 PM
The british boxing marketing machine is in full swing. haye has had 4 fights at heavyweight. Monte Barret - Valuev - John Ruiz and now the joke of the lot Fraudley.

He hasn't even fought an Arreola or Adamek or Peter level of heavyweight.

Either Klitschko will pound him

Haye would destroy the likes of Peter.

He not only beat Ruiz - he stopped him, which not many people do.

He beat Valuev (not so sure about it myself but he was given the decision regardless) - I didn't see Wladimir wanting to touch Valuev when he was champion. Was it Ibragimov or Chagaev who beat him?

Haye will give either Klitschko an excellent fight and is perfectly capable of beating either of them.

whiskeysteve

2 things about ruiz. he was a smaller heavyweight which suited haye and he was also bordering on shot. hence he retired after the fight.

Chagaev beat Valuev. I wonder was it a case of Wlads handlers ducking the beast or the other way around? Not a bum but a marketable freak of nature nevertheless rather than a top heavyweight. And he took Haye all the way.

So at most 2 semi credible heavyweight victories IMO, as Public Enemy would say don't believe the hype.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

gallsman

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 17, 2010, 04:45:07 PM
2 things about ruiz. he was a smaller heavyweight which suited haye and he was also bordering on shot. hence he retired after the fight.

Chagaev beat Valuev. I wonder was it a case of Wlads handlers ducking the beast or the other way around? Not a bum but a marketable freak of nature nevertheless rather than a top heavyweight. And he took Haye all the way.

So at most 2 semi credible heavyweight victories IMO, as Public Enemy would say don't believe the hype.

True, but other than himself and the brothers, who would you consider "credible"? What "credible" fights have either of the Klitschko's taken other than Vitali fighting Lewis? You can only fight what's available and only if it's for the right money. Haye ducked nobody at cruiserweight and ended up unifying the division. In doing so he got up off the seat of his pants, in Paris, to beat Mormeck and then absolutely annihilated Maccarinelli - who has been a shell of a fighter ever since.

You look at the Valuev fight and say he "took him all the way." I think it's more appropriate to consider the fact that Haye managed to beat a fighter a foot taller than him to whom he was conceding something like seven stone. Also, Haye had him wobbling in the last round of that fight.

Yes, Ruiz was small for a heavyweight - didn't stop him causing many superior athletes and fighter plenty of problems though.

whiskeysteve

I would give Hayes victory over Ruiz the most credit of his heavyweight fights but I still think Ruiz was tailor made for him and on the way out.

One of the main reasons Ruiz presented problems was he because he was one of the most ultra negatives hoors to ever lace on a pair of gloves, he was also a tough fcuker to give him his due. So I think it was more a case of that he was hard to beat rather than being dangerous.

There are some mid level heavyweights like Arreola, like Chambers and like Adamek who I like to see Haye beat before we can talk about him beating a Klitschko.

Fighting Valuev had Haye near exhausted. The bigger man started to crumble in the last round himself though. I would see either Klitschko dragging Haye out to sea so to speak and having the discipline to stay away and not give an opening. Either has the jab to keep him at range and hurt him. Late stoppage to follow. It would have the same crushing inevitability as all their other recent fights, if they fought the fight on their terms of course, which is all they have done in recent years.