Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I suspect Mayweather wants none of Pacman but he also knows he can't dodge it and retain credibility. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Rav67

Quote from: Banana Man on November 15, 2010, 10:14:46 PM
just watched the jones fight on sky there now against some mexican lad, how he got awarded the fight i will never know, stole it

The same happened with Paul Williams getting a decision not so long ago and is now pretty commonplace.  An up-and-coming fighter with a bit of a name will get the benefit of any shred of doubt as they want him to win and make sure the next big-bucks fight will happen.  The guy Jones pretty much already had a fight lined up in the UK after this one which Bob Arum was talking about pre-fight on Saturday.  I think it is clear that the judges did not want to scupper the UK fight by Jones getting defeated.  It's a bit of a farce but this kind of thing happens so often now it isn't surprising.

Banana Man

Quote from: Rav67 on November 16, 2010, 07:19:28 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 15, 2010, 10:14:46 PM
just watched the jones fight on sky there now against some mexican lad, how he got awarded the fight i will never know, stole it

The same happened with Paul Williams getting a decision not so long ago and is now pretty commonplace.  An up-and-coming fighter with a bit of a name will get the benefit of any shred of doubt as they want him to win and make sure the next big-bucks fight will happen.  The guy Jones pretty much already had a fight lined up in the UK after this one which Bob Arum was talking about pre-fight on Saturday.  I think it is clear that the judges did not want to scupper the UK fight by Jones getting defeated.  It's a bit of a farce but this kind of thing happens so often now it isn't surprising.

thanks for that Rav, I would never have twigged on that, just shows you money talks any language, bit of a ball buster for the lad who lost though but that's business eh

nrico2006

I see Vitali is offering Haye a 50/50 split and he will fight him anywhere.  Hopefully this is set-up, Vitali wants to fight him first as he reckons Vladimir will kill Haye.  I think its more a case that Vitali knows that Haye will take Vlad, who has a suspect chin and has been found out before against explosive fighters like Haye.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 16, 2010, 10:57:15 AM
I see Vitali is offering Haye a 50/50 split and he will fight him anywhere.  Hopefully this is set-up, Vitali wants to fight him first as he reckons Vladimir will kill Haye.  I think its more a case that Vitali knows that Haye will take Vlad, who has a suspect chin and has been found out before against explosive fighters like Haye.

Which of the Klitschos is the better one?  Would they never fight each other??
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

gallsman

Vitali would have been considered the superior before he retired - but he's 39 now and has had several major injuries and has a tendency to cut. A lot.

Wladimir has been exposed on several occasions as having a weak chin if he gets caught, most notably against a journeyman South African called Corrie Sanders who was pretty old when he knocked him out.

They've vowed never to fight each other.

I see Margarito needs eye surgery after the battering Pacman gave him. This Mexican bravado thing goes too far. Freddie Roach is 100% correct when he says that it's a corner's duty to protect their fighter. If the ref wasn't going to do it they should have thrown in the towel.

Sandino

I see Manny was unable to hold a pen after the fight and he was unable to sign autographs.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Sandino on November 16, 2010, 11:42:44 AM
I see Manny was unable to hold a pen after the fight and he was unable to sign autographs.

Broken hand??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 16, 2010, 11:51:15 AM

Broken hand??
No, he was still wearing his gloves.

Mayweather has to take this fight otherwise he has to have an asterisk on his undefeated record. He can stall and balls about waiting for Manny's power to wane but it could be a long wait. De La Hoya hopes to get it set for next year - will be some purse to split for that one if it happens!

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 16, 2010, 12:08:00 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 16, 2010, 11:51:15 AM

Broken hand??
No, he was still wearing his gloves.

Mayweather has to take this fight otherwise he has to have an asterisk on his undefeated record. He can stall and balls about waiting for Manny's power to wane but it could be a long wait. De La Hoya hopes to get it set for next year - will be some purse to split for that one if it happens!

Could be a good year next year with Haye fighting one/two Drago's and Manny losing to Money.  Vitali is the better fighter but as mentioned he hasn't been as good since he returned and I suppose thats his age catching up with him. 

Can't wait to see Khan fighting somebody decent either, look forward to see them tapping his temple and seeing him breakdancing again.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 16, 2010, 02:04:33 PM
Can't wait to see Khan fighting somebody decent either, look forward to see them tapping his temple and seeing him breakdancing again.

Maidana certainly has the punch to be able to make that happen.

The Iceman

Do you think Audley took a fall in the 3rd. Watched video online and Haye appeared to Nod and say "Now" before throwing a combination that dropped Audley for the first time..... Audley was always going to lose so he may have took the fall and had some money on the fight with Haye.......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on November 16, 2010, 02:46:55 PM
Do you think Audley took a fall in the 3rd. Watched video online and Haye appeared to Nod and say "Now" before throwing a combination that dropped Audley for the first time..... Audley was always going to lose so he may have took the fall and had some money on the fight with Haye.......

No.

screenmachine

I'm surprised that he didn't actually drop after the nod! A total excuse of a boxer who in no way deserved a shot at a world title. As was mentioned earlier, in comparison to the Pacman or even Willy Casey fights, this was a joke of a spectacle. Those bastards at Sky marketing earned their bonuses this year for sure!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: screenmachine on November 16, 2010, 03:20:33 PM
I'm surprised that he didn't actually drop after the nod! A total excuse of a boxer who in no way deserved a shot at a world title. As was mentioned earlier, in comparison to the Pacman or even Willy Casey fights, this was a joke of a spectacle. Those b**tards at Sky marketing earned their bonuses this year for sure!

The Willy Caset and Paul Hyland fight was 4 rounds of complete battering, 2 men, really good boxes, going toe to toe.  Its what the crowd wants to see.  Worth checking the fight out on you-tube, puts the heavyweights to shame.