Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

anyone know if there is any downloads of the pacman fight knocking about?

Declan

Fantastic fight- Manny is up there with the best that there have ever been. Would love to see him and Mayweather fight but don't know if it will ever happen

nrico2006

Quote from: Declan on November 15, 2010, 08:31:19 AM
Fantastic fight- Manny is up there with the best that there have ever been. Would love to see him and Mayweather fight but don't know if it will ever happen

I think it will happen, the two fighters will not want to retire without facing each other as they will be spending the rest of their lives being asked who was the best, and the simple way of ensuring their legacy will be to face each other.

Was there not footage online last week with Margarito's coach and the rest of the crew mocking Freddie Roachs condition?  Glad to see him battered.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

What's up with Freddie Roach?

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

Hadn't heard that though his speech and movement would have suggested something along those lines for quite a while

J OGorman

Quote from: JimStynes on November 14, 2010, 09:01:22 PM
anyone know if there is any downloads of the pacman fight knocking about?

any links about? fierce amount of wrongly titled clips on youtube

cheers

Doogie Browser

What do you make of Pacman applauding his opponent during the fight? 

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 15, 2010, 01:31:46 PM

I Dont think he be's applauding at all, i think its a habit thing, ive often seen him punch his 2 gloves togther during a fight.  You cant say he has poor gamemanship or anything like that, against Margarito and Cotto inabout the 10th and 11th rpunds he has looked at the refs as if to say "Can you stop this, the man has taking enough of a beating".  He showed mercy to Margarito in round 12, as he says himself, he doesnt want to see anyone get badly hurt in boxing.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

lurganblue

i think he was applauding alright but in no way did i think it was due to cockiness etc  I think Manny loves the sport of boxing and was actually applauding on occasions when he was either hurt or caught by some skilful combinations by Margarito.  I see nothing wrong with that...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: lurganblue on November 15, 2010, 04:07:39 PM

i think he was applauding alright but in no way did i think it was due to cockiness etc  I think Manny loves the sport of boxing and was actually applauding on occasions when he was either hurt or caught by some skilful combinations by Margarito.  I see nothing wrong with that...

Nor me, but it was a few times after he did this that he got caught, he obviously had the fight won in his mind to do that.

DirtyDozen12

Will Mayweather vs Pacman happen now?  PBF has pending court trails and facing over 30 years in jail apparently if convicted  :-\
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

JimStynes

I would love the pacman mayweather fight to happen so much. I reckon Mayweather from a year or 2 ago would definitely have won but now i am not so sure how it would go. He is the sort of boxer who keeps himself in shape even when not training for a fight but he might just be too ring rusty by the time the fight happens.  If this fight does happen it would surely be one of the biggest fights in boxing history.  I don't know who i would want to win either, i love both boxers but i love supporting the villain (mayweather) in fights.

Banana Man

just watched the jones fight on sky there now against some mexican lad, how he got awarded the fight i will never know, stole it