Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Even if the referee called it a knockdown Usyk would have tried to beat the count and probably would have (I know we'll never know for sure). It was all gamesmanship. I don't think it was low to be honest.

Dubois went down under a jab and quit. It wasn't as if he was getting a sustained beating for a few rounds. Calling for a rematch but I'd say Dubois no more wants it.

Wildweasel74

Was low, not sure why they complain about the height of the shorts, other lads shorts are just as high.

bennydorano

No way it was low, Usyk pulled the exact same shite with AJ, prancing about like he got hit full on in the nuts. He'll not get an obliging ref if he fights Fury as the WBC can bribe better than the other belts. And Fury will pepper the area non stop to pressure Usyk and the ref.

markl121

Shocking decision last night. See Jason Quigley very defensive over it for some reason on twitter . Fury would have smashed the two of them last night, Duibois a very limited fighter but still should be champion this morning.

square_ball

Quote from: markl121 on August 27, 2023, 01:22:56 PM
Shocking decision last night. See Jason Quigley very defensive over it for some reason on twitter . Fury would have smashed the two of them last night, Duibois a very limited fighter but still should be champion this morning.

How do you know Usyk wouldn't have beat the count?

Wildweasel74

Doesn't have to be hit on the balls, that's not the rule on below the belt, actually go look it up.

bennydorano

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 27, 2023, 10:01:58 PM
Doesn't have to be hit on the balls, that's not the rule on below the belt, actually go look it up.
Who said it did?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 27, 2023, 10:01:58 PM

It's a funny place to háve a set of balls though where he was hit

Milltown Row2

What is the rule? Below the navel in the balls or below the belt?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

I've never seen an actual pro fight were someone has been (unintentionally) punched where your balls would generally be - maybe if u got punched in the hole your balls might get a touch!
Anyone who thinks being punched in the balls is the rule doesn't watch much boxing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on August 27, 2023, 11:00:22 PM
I've never seen an actual pro fight were someone has been (unintentionally) punched where your balls would generally be - maybe if u got punched in the hole your balls might get a touch!
Anyone who thinks being punched in the balls is the rule doesn't watch much boxing.

But what is the ruling?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

You aren't supposed to hit below the belly button, but the position of shorts and belts obviously makes the determination of this difficult.

Dubois did well enough, but missed his chance after the delay. He had most of that round remaining and should have gave everything he had as he wasn't going to get another chance like that where Usyk was so badly hurt.  Dubois maybe didn't give up either but seemed to be finished off far too easily, a bit like Yarde against Kovalev.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Eire90

id like to see dubois v joshua.

quit yo jibbajabba

Eubank dominating Smith here. Smith possibly with ankle issues but how and ever

bennydorano

Dunno what was going on with Smith but he offered absolutely nothing all night. Totally dominated.