Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Boom! Conlon looked quite good for a couple of rounds, better than I've seen him previously, but Lopez too strong. He could be special.

square_ball

I think that was enviable after the 3rd/4th rounds. Far too strong and powerful for Conlan. Tough road back for Conlan now. That could be it for him.

Tony Baloney

Nose spread across his face.

gallsman

Ultimately, Conlan can't punch and can't take punches. Stating the obvious but those are pretty fundamental flaws in the pro game. Lopez was smiling at the end of the second round the way it was going.

Kind of like Khan, Conlan loves a scrap but there's nothing left in the pro ranks for him any more. He's not good enough and will get badly hurt. Time to call it a day.

SHEEDY

Lopez was different level, too big and too strong. Hard to know where Conlon goes now
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

He's 31 too. Problem for a boy like this is that it's double has made enough in boxing and maybe doesn't have a big skill set to make much money at anything else so may need to stay in it to earn a living. Although I guess he could do the promotion route like the brother or coaching route like the da.

gallsman

Not sure there'd be too much money in any future fights though.

Feel bad switching over to Wood-Lara now as really don't think it should be happening but it could set up an incredible all Mexican fight.

Silkyskillssunshinee

I think Lopez is a step above even Lara.

No shame in Conlan losing tonight to a top class fighter.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on May 27, 2023, 10:50:28 PM
I think Lopez is a step above even Lara.

No shame in Conlan losing tonight to a top class fighter.

He was actually slight favourite to win
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Jim Bob

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 27, 2023, 10:35:21 PM
Lopez was different level, too big and too strong. Hard to know where Conlon goes now

Home

square_ball

I hope Okolie retires after this as well. Shocking to watch.

Louther

Quote from: square_ball on May 27, 2023, 11:21:28 PM
I hope Okolie retires after this as well. Shocking to watch.

He be better at rugby than boxing. And a judge called it a draw 😂😂

gallsman

Teriffic win and performance from Wood. Dunno if drained from the cut but Lara looked very poor.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Lara looked drained. Smart fight from Wood though, fair play to him.

Eire90

i think it all depends does conlan have the desire to climb the ladder again maybe a  cash out fight with warrington or maybe he will hang up the gloves and become a promoter with his brother,