Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 20, 2023, 11:46:55 PM
Taylor always looks knackered and doesn't have enough variety in her work. For all Katies amateur pedigree, she always looks more of a slugger than a boxer.
Aye I know what you mean, but it always looks like she takes less punishment if you go by looking at the fighters faces. Obviously that's not the way it works, but I always find it telling on deciding on which fighter has the better skills.
Agree with Gallsman on the boos by the arseholes. Cameron deserved a lot of respect and appreciation there.
KT is an absolute Irish Superstar and hope she has few more left in her yet.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on May 20, 2023, 11:42:01 PM
Came back into it well but she needed Cameron to tire which didn't happen to a big enough extent. Younger, bigger, stronger.

Cracking fight. Draw wouldn't have been overly controversial but think 6-4 Cameron about right.

Dublin crowd full of arseholes booing Cameron of course.
Boxing crowds in Ireland inevitably full of tossers on the booze and/or gear.

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on May 20, 2023, 11:51:30 PM
That's the exact opposite of the truth. Katie's strength has always been her boxing - timing, combos, movement, footwork. They threw the stats up in the last or second last round that she was landing at 39% on 200 odd punches to Cameron's 24% on 400 odd. That's not a slugger

She's not powerful enough to hurt the best at her own weight, never mind going up to 140.

Yes, those are her strengths but she doesn't fully utilise them in most fights, instead she sits in the pocket and trades. If she stuck to the strategy I'm sure her coach wants her to, she would be able to easily outbox any of her opponents.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

You'll usually meet someone younger and in their prime, as you get older.

Katie was beaten in every boxing facet tonight. I had it 97-93.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 21, 2023, 12:05:30 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 20, 2023, 11:51:30 PM
That's the exact opposite of the truth. Katie's strength has always been her boxing - timing, combos, movement, footwork. They threw the stats up in the last or second last round that she was landing at 39% on 200 odd punches to Cameron's 24% on 400 odd. That's not a slugger

She's not powerful enough to hurt the best at her own weight, never mind going up to 140.

Yes, those are her strengths but she doesn't fully utilise them in most fights, instead she sits in the pocket and trades. If she stuck to the strategy I'm sure her coach wants her to, she would be able to easily outbox any of her opponents.

That's not what happened tonight at all. She tried to move and counter but Cameron just kept walking her down and trapping her because she was too big and too good for Taylor to keep off her. The strategy was losing her the fight.

Once that became apparent she changed it up and tried to stand and trade a bit more.

Eire90

cully took a beaten

square_ball

So much for 9pm ring walks for the Conlan fight.

Milltown Row2

Was offered two tickets tonight for free, wouldn't watch him if he was boxing in my garden
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Hound

Quote from: square_ball on May 27, 2023, 09:36:30 PM
Delay because of serious injury to defeated boxer in previous fight.

Some atmosphere.

Good luck Mick, but this Mexican is good and extremely confident

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Conlan very good technically but if this boy gets him right he's toast and when he tired he probably will.

Hound

Christ, what a fight, not what I was expecting at all.  Almost all out attack by both men. Conlon nicked the first 2, but Lopez got the 3rd.
Don't think this is the best ploy by  Conlon, as Lopez has heavier fists.
Thinks it's going to be a stoppage win for Lopez. But fingers crossed for Mick.

square_ball

Quote from: Hound on May 27, 2023, 10:08:13 PM
Quote from: square_ball on May 27, 2023, 09:36:30 PM
Delay because of serious injury to defeated boxer in previous fight.

Some atmosphere.

Good luck Mick, but this Mexican is good and extremely confident

Heard them saying on BT after I posted that. Fair enough for the delay then.

This Mexican is tough. Conlan will have it all to do now.

Tony Baloney

Mick in trouble against this boy.

What's the story with this lad from Pearse Og?