Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gawa316 on February 26, 2023, 11:10:53 PM
Fury takes it in split decision.

Should've had all 3 score cards

I never understand how judges can score it so differently.

clarshack

Wouldn't normally watch Boxing but thought it was decent and the kids enjoyed it.

SHEEDY

Fury had clear win, don't know how that judge gave it to Jake Paul. Scrappy fight but best boxer won.
nil satis nisi optimum

ONeill

The boxing snobs on BT giving Paul no credit at all. He did rightly against a very limited pro.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Fury was the clear winner, but doesn't look like he will go beyond domestic/European level. Unless he stays in this lane, be hard to imagine him going to small arenas fighting fellow prospects for local area titles and getting 5000 for it when he can get millions fighting youtubers.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mourne Red

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 26, 2023, 11:28:37 PM
Fury was the clear winner, but doesn't look like he will go beyond domestic/European level. Unless he stays in this lane, be hard to imagine him going to small arenas fighting fellow prospects for local area titles and getting 5000 for it when he can get millions fighting youtubers.

Rematch with Jake Paul then he'll fight KSI and then retire with £30m in the bank and do a reality show with his other half Molly Mae

Armagh18

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 26, 2023, 11:36:01 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 26, 2023, 11:28:37 PM

Rematch with Jake Paul then he'll fight KSI and then retire with £30m in the bank and do a reality show with his other half Molly Mae
Yeah something like that. Who can blame him?

Realistically if he had any hope of being a top boxer he'd have sparked that clown out within 30 seconds.

square_ball

Yeah I'd be surprised if Fury went back down to getting paid a few thousand pound for fights which fighters of his level would get at the moment when he's getting paid millions from the kind of set up from last night.

Fury isn't too bad a boxer but could you just imagine Jake Paul in against even someone at just below world level? Fair play to the both of them for making the sort of money they did last night. Bet Tommy wished he signed the contract to double his money now.

Armagh18

Quote from: square_ball on February 27, 2023, 08:26:55 AM
Yeah I'd be surprised if Fury went back down to getting paid a few thousand pound for fights which fighters of his level would get at the moment when he's getting paid millions from the kind of set up from last night.

Fury isn't too bad a boxer but could you just imagine Jake Paul in against even someone at just below world level? Fair play to the both of them for making the sort of money they did last night. Bet Tommy wished he signed the contract to double his money now.
Thought they did sign the double or nothing contract? Either way, Tommys an ok boxer who we would never have heard of if it wasn't for his brother- would he even have got on love island? He seems a nice enough lad so all the best to him.

JohnDenver

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 27, 2023, 08:52:50 AM
Quote from: square_ball on February 27, 2023, 08:26:55 AM

Thought they did sign the double or nothing contract? Either way, Tommys an ok boxer who we would never have heard of if it wasn't for his brother- would he even have got on love island? He seems a nice enough lad so all the best to him.

Tommy looked like he was shiting himself with nerves. He never agreed to the double or nothing purse bet, it was Daddy Fury came in mouthing saying he would take the bet!

Gabriel_Hurl

Taylor fight off - Serrano is injured

bennydorano

Anthony Joshua seems to be increasingly losing the plot

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on March 30, 2023, 11:42:41 AM
Anthony Joshua seems to be increasingly losing the plot

How?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

toby47

Price of tickets for Katies fight range from €80-€1,500.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on March 30, 2023, 11:51:27 AM
Price of tickets for Katies fight range from €80-€1,500.

Where is the fight?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea