Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

The event itself would be over hyped and that will be sufficient to sell it out. We are a nation of event junkies. If Garth Brooks can sell 400,000 tickets off belting out a few country music tunes then Katie Taylor will sellout Croker no problem with the right marketing.

nrico2006

The women's game just lacks a bit to be honest, rounds too short, lack of depth and the fact that there is rarely the chance of a KO takes away from the overall product.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Eire90

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2022, 11:59:14 PM
Women's boxing is a poor enough watch though. FInd it hard to believe that 80 thousand people would want to watch her, or women's boxing in general.

They will put on a undercard with lots of  male irish fighters i think and the Irish love a piss up

Eire90

it would probably be a matchroom event tho so i doubt you could get micheal conlan on card  maybe they could do Gary cully v maxi hughes on it

Jim Bob

Has big Hearn not moved to Dazn

square_ball

Matchroom broadcast on Dazn instead of sky now. It'll be the likes of Cully and Agyarko on the undercard. Not sure if Eddie has any other Irish fighters on his books at the minute.

MoChara

Quote from: yellowcard on October 30, 2022, 10:20:37 AM
The event itself would be over hyped and that will be sufficient to sell it out. We are a nation of event junkies. If Garth Brooks can sell 400,000 tickets off belting out a few country music tunes then Katie Taylor will sellout Croker no problem with the right marketing.

should make her fight 4 nights in a row

MoChara

Tyson Fury raging out because True Geordie calls the Chisora fight for what it is.

Kind of funny, caught Fury on a bad day? or is he just a ball bag all the time lol

https://youtu.be/MgMBMvCvME4

Wildweasel74

square_ball

Your latter observation is the correct one MoChara.

Armagh18

Quote from: MoChara on November 01, 2022, 10:31:48 AM
Tyson Fury raging out because True Geordie calls the Chisora fight for what it is.

Kind of funny, caught Fury on a bad day? or is he just a ball bag all the time lol

He did seem like a bit of a dick in that one, in fairness I've always liked him anytime I've hesrd him speak.

nrico2006

I love Fury but he constantly contradicts himself, was funny watching your man rip Fury out asking him if he had figured out how to close his phone/end the call.

You can go through Boxrecs top 15 HWs and see that there are better options there, probably just don't sell as well as they aren't as well known to the general public. This is essentially a warm up fight for March/April but would like to have seen him fight Hrgovic or Ruiz, its not all about money etc. and he could do with a few decent names on his record as its pretty light when compared with Joshua for example. Joe Joyce would be the one that would have sold and would have been a big test, Warren etc. Forget that one when going through their lists. I did see something though about that being planned for next summer though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

An absolute bullshit fight the geordie lad was right to call it for what it is!

Fury isn't a straightforward character. FOr all the good things he says about mental health and life's struggles there's plenty of mad shit he's done in his career as well!!

yellowcard

That is a fascinating interview on so many levels. The interviewer retained his composure brilliantly too despite Fury trying to bully him. Fury has major anger management issues to get so easily rattled. He is a talented boxer but I always thought he was a bit of a sc**bag who played the mental health card for his own benefit. It will be interesting to see the trajectory his career takes post retirement when he doesn't have the same level of hangers on pandering to him.   

Jim Bob

Quote from: yellowcard on November 01, 2022, 03:07:11 PM

That is a fascinating interview on so many levels. The interviewer retained his composure brilliantly too despite Fury trying to bully him. Fury has major anger management issues to get so easily rattled. He is a talented boxer but I always thought he was a bit of a sc**bag who played the mental health card for his own benefit. It will be interesting to see the trajectory his career takes post retirement when he doesn't have the same level of hangers on pandering to him.   

His aul fella a nice guy. Sort of fella you'd introduce your parents to