Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Imagine.,,..this is for  the WBA featherweight championship of the World. The exact same title that McGuigsn won in 85. Some difference in hype...it was massive back then...unlike now.

ONeill

Is it the same?

There seems to be a super champ and a regular champ.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2022, 11:27:48 PM
Is it the same?

There seems to be a super champ and a regular champ.

Santa Cruz is the proper WBA Champion.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Kidder81

I assume there has hardly been a peep about this fight is due to Conlan fighting for Daniel Kinahan ?

nrico2006

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 12, 2022, 10:18:46 AM
I assume there has hardly been a peep about this fight is due to Conlan fighting for Daniel Kinahan ?

Seems to be enough coverage considering the title and profile of the fighters involved. Don't know if Kinahan has any role to play in anything Conlan does and he definitely doesn't fight for him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

toby47

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 12, 2022, 12:24:12 PM

Seems to be enough coverage considering the title and profile of the fighters involved. Don't know if Kinahan has any role to play in anything Conlan does and he definitely doesn't fight for him.

Kinahan has a big role to play in what Conlan does.

Jeez Conlan looked like an awful tit at the weigh in, wearing a pair of those 1euro sunglasses you get in Bundoran & mouthing like a clown. The more i see of him the more I'm not mad about him.

Obviously still hope he wins but a couple of years ago I found him more likeable.

imtommygunn

He doesn't come across very well to be honest. He never has.

Wildweasel74

I wonder will they look at the dogdy backers here the way they did with Chelsea

Kidder81

::)

::) Yeah he has nothing to do with MTK. Do you also believe in the Easter bunny ?

nrico2006

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 12, 2022, 08:52:15 PM

::)

::) Yeah he has nothing to do with MTK. Do you also believe in the Easter bunny ?

Kinahan is one of many people involved in MTK. Conlan is not with MTK I don't believe. There are many advisors involved in shaping the path of a big fighter, which in Conlans case would include his manager and also Top Rank - he doesn't fight for either of them though or MTK if he were with them.

Hound

Tiny percentage of Irish people subscribe to DAZN

If he was on RTE tonight, he'd be as high profile as Bernard Dunne at his peak. Bernard didn't have the profile of peak Barry McGuigan but was pretty much a household name at that time.

But for the ordinary Irish sports follower, of which there are many many looking to jump on any bandwagon, Conlon is just too hard to follow. If he was even on Sky Sports, there'd be plenty looking out for him.

So the Kinahan connection, if there is one, is moot. Not enough people know about Conlon's professional career to care about any Kinahan influence.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: toby47 on March 12, 2022, 01:01:02 PM

Kinahan has a big role to play in what Conlan does.

Jeez Conlan looked like an awful tit at the weigh in, wearing a pair of those 1euro sunglasses you get in Bundoran & mouthing like a clown. The more i see of him the more I'm not mad about him.

Obviously still hope he wins but a couple of years ago I found him more likeable.

Wee bit of a fanny

michaelg

Quote from: Hound on March 12, 2022, 09:38:36 PM
Tiny percentage of Irish people subscribe to DAZN

If he was on RTE tonight, he'd be as high profile as Bernard Dunne at his peak. Bernard didn't have the profile of peak Barry McGuigan but was pretty much a household name at that time.

But for the ordinary Irish sports follower, of which there are many many looking to jump on any bandwagon, Conlon is just too hard to follow. If he was even on Sky Sports, there'd be plenty looking out for him.

So the Kinahan connection, if there is one, is moot. Not enough people know about Conlon's professional career to care about any Kinahan influence.
Perhaps his pro IRA ballix has something to do with it.

ONeill

Spose he's selling tickets by acting the lig.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Lad fairly unliked the way he gets on, bit like Conor McGregor.