Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I actually turned over at the end of the fight and have just saw the outcome on twitter - UNFUCKINGBELIVEABLE. At the end of the fight Taylor had his hand in the air and I was thinking, some f**king chance Josh you got battered. Utter joke, wasn't even close.

gallsman

Terrible decision. Horrible fight to watch, horrible fight to score and even at that Caterall should have got the nod handy enough. How Taylor could have won by 3 on one card having suffered a 10-8 is mind boggling.

Helix.

Eric Donovan losing in 3rd rd wondering is that the end of him at 36?

BennyHarp

Even Taylor's own corner was telling him he needed a knock out going into the last round. Absolutely ridiculous decision.
That was never a square ball!!

square_ball

Quote from: bennydorano on February 26, 2022, 11:16:06 PM
I actually turned over at the end of the fight and have just saw the outcome on twitter - UNFUCKINGBELIVEABLE. At the end of the fight Taylor had his hand in the air and I was thinking, some f**king chance Josh you got battered. Utter joke, wasn't even close.

Yeah he pretty much only raised his hand because he was trying to half convince himself he'd won. Scorecards were a disgrace. Effectively none of them had Catteral winning as the one he did get would have been 113-113 only for Taylor hitting after the bell in the 11th.

Absolutely shocking stuff.

delgany

Quote from: square_ball on February 26, 2022, 11:45:51 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 26, 2022, 11:16:06 PM

Yeah he pretty much only raised his hand because he was trying to half convince himself he'd won. Scorecards were a disgrace. Effectively none of them had Catteral winning as the one he did get would have been 113-113 only for Taylor hitting after the bell in the 11th.

Absolutely shocking stuff.

Disgraceful.

Kurt Walker won on his professional debut on the under card

HiMucker

Lads I thought he was definitely beat, but a lot of the rounds were close enough. We have seen this sort of thing before favouring the champ. Not saying its right, but it didn't surprise me.

nrico2006

It was a close fight and Catteral could have done more in the last 3/4 rounds to make certain.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

toby47

I definitely thought Catteral won aswell, but i couldn't believe the commentators how far they had him in front. It was a shite fight with a lot of close, scrappy rounds. Didn't have him 5/6 ahead the way the commentators had it, but still just ahead.

ONeill

Bookies are giving Leigh Wood a chance against Conlan tomorrow.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2022, 06:53:57 PM
Bookies are giving Leigh Wood a chance against Conlan tomorrow.

He has a good chance, first live fighter that Conlan has fought.  Only for the WBA Regular belt though, not a real world title.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tintin25

Don't really rate Conlon at all...wouldn't be surprised if Wood wins

bennydorano

Hope Conlon wins but i wouldn't be a big believer myself.

JimStynes

Conlon doesn't look like he has any power in his punches at all!

ONeill

Tomorrow will tell a tale. If he heads into this lad's territory and puts on a show, he might get some kind of a decent title chance.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.