Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 05, 2021, 12:39:00 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 05, 2021, 12:13:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 10:58:44 AM
It's very simple, which promoter is going to give you a title shot and with it that, a life changing 'pot of gold'

I've known Carl over 20 years, from amateur fights to his first professional fight as an undercard for a Duddy fight, he's not as rich as people think, in fact nowhere near it. He's comfortable but he's worked seriously hard for it.

The McGuigan thing has left him very bitter against a family that treated him as part of their family. Only to be shafted. I personally seen how they got on so well with each other and whatever happened, as I only know bits and pieces as I don't want to be nosey has changed him

He's bound to be a millionaire now after the court case

Frampton is a millionaire, don't think that is up for debate.  He is bound o have earned close to 2 million for the 2 Santa Cruz fights alone. 

As for the footballers or boxers caring about where their money comes from, to be honest, if I were in their shoes I wouldn't care either.

That's just not true, the money earned on the Santa Cruz fights was absorbed through the various needs of the management ..

Flights (first class) whole family and management
Accommodation 5 star
Training camps
Promotion
Advertising
Wages
I could go on as there were other things that the money was spent on, after fight parties 'free' booze

None of which was spent from Barry's pocket
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Panorama team threatened after boxing programme tother night - cant copy and past but on bbc website

tonto1888

I see Amir Khan has come out in support of Kinihan

JimStynes

nrico2006

Khan actually really is dumb, still can't get over the Joshua accusations.  As for Kinahan, I'm sure that most of what is said is true but the argumentative side of me is saying that he has been convicted of nothing and if he really is what he is accused of being, then it shouldn't be too hard to prove, yet the authorities can't. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Kidder81

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 09, 2021, 09:24:02 AM
Khan actually really is dumb, still can't get over the Joshua accusations.  As for Kinahan, I'm sure that most of what is said is true but the argumentative side of me is saying that he has been convicted of nothing and if he really is what he is accused of being, then it shouldn't be too hard to prove, yet the authorities can't.

Jesus that's some logic. Why do you think he is never in Ireland ?! Why do you think he is in Dubai, that has no extradition agreement with Ireland ?

Louther

Nrico2006 - that is exactly the type of logic he trying to portray at present and hoping it carries weight across the boxing and wider public.

The statement that Jim White had  out on Talksport was vomit inducing and actually put serious heat back on boxing authorities as he linked himself to been key man in many big fights that MTK had been trying to distance himself from. White was been typical Jim White and was fawning over getting the scoop and falling for it all. Thankfully Matt Lawton of the times give some reason to the debate.

Khan, Saunders, Ben Davidson et al are really going the extra mile for him.

You do hope the chickens coming to roost for him soon enough and this extra publicity will only help to expediate it. Not a good family.

GetOverTheBar

Well legally, yes. You are right, he probably should under normal circumstances be allowed to work under the presumption of "innocent until proven guilty".

But you have to imagine it's because they can't bring a case that size, against someone like that until it's completely water tight. Someone like Kinahan will have the best legal team available, money will be no object - they could and will find a loophole to bring the whole thing down easily I would say.

In Kinahans case, innocent until proven guilty is a loophole he's exploiting but everyone who has stepped foot in Dublin knows who he is and what he helped do.

nrico2006

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 09, 2021, 09:28:34 AM

Jesus that's some logic. Why do you think he is never in Ireland ?! Why do you think he is in Dubai, that has no extradition agreement with Ireland ?

Is he never in Ireland at all?  I assumed that he was in Ireland frequently enough as there are no warrants out for his arrest.  I think he was even at the Regency Hotel on the day of the shooting too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Louther

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 09, 2021, 10:26:17 AM

Is he never in Ireland at all?  I assumed that he was in Ireland frequently enough as there are no warrants out for his arrest.  I think he was even at the Regency Hotel on the day of the shooting too.

Hasn't been in years. Since the regency and what followed an awful lot of heat has come on and the whole criminal process has moved substantially further along. I don't believe he leaves the Middle East now as it's several countries through Interpol who could detain him.

HiMucker

;D Thats a cracker lol

GetOverTheBar

He's bound to Dubai/UAE until his residency runs out. There is a European Warrant for his arrest and apparently he lives with former Russian Spetsnaz bodyguards in his compound.

I think he's even been mentioned in US diplomatic cables. He has nowhere to go.

HiMucker

Read the book "The Cartel"

GetOverTheBar

He was the target that day.

lurganblue

Decent wee youtube series started on Frampton's fight...

Inside Fighting. Net Worth, Legacy & Fighting - Carl Frampton v Jamel Herring: Inside The Ropes Documentary.