Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Just goes to show that the mixing up of scorecards probably happens a lot and in alot of cases goes un-noticed unless its a shutout like the fight the other night.  Can't wait for Ward Kovalev this weekend.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Frampton to annouced his next opponent at 1pm today.  Havent heard many rumours, just that it isnt Selby as he has a mandatory.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on June 14, 2017, 10:19:01 AM
Frampton to annouced his next opponent at 1pm today.  Havent heard many rumours, just that it isnt Selby as he has a mandatory.

Hearing a Mexican fighter
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Apparently it will be Andres Gutierrez.

Would be class if it was Valdez though, doesn't get mentioned alot when it comes to the big fights at FW.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2017, 11:41:26 AM

Would be class if it was Valdez though, doesn't get mentioned alot when it comes to the big fights at FW.

Gutierrez it is.  Never saw him before.  He looks to have a great record for only being 23.

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on June 14, 2017, 02:18:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2017, 11:41:26 AM

Gutierrez it is.  Never saw him before.  He looks to have a great record for only being 23.

Bit of a joke at this stage of his career though, trying to sell it as a WBC eliminator yet you would imagine it would be against one of the top 2 or 3 fighters ranked by that organisation yet he isn't in the top 15.  Why not fight GRJ?

lurganblue

Yeah it feels a bit like he wasnt able to make any of the big fights at this stage and he's just taking this one to keep active

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on June 14, 2017, 03:30:45 PM
Yeah it feels a bit like he wasnt able to make any of the big fights at this stage and he's just taking this one to keep active

Aye, he needs paid too I suppose.  Warrington is ranked high by the WBC and that could have been marketed well on these shores.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2017, 04:02:36 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on June 14, 2017, 03:30:45 PM

Aye, he needs paid too I suppose.  Warrington is ranked high by the WBC and that could have been marketed well on these shores.

Nothing wrong in taking this fight, fans looking a home fight after the few he's had away, boosts (should he win) his confidence after the last fight in Vegas and sets him up with a shot at the better ranked fighters...

Carl probably has at least 6 fights, will take 3 wins to get a title fight possibly (harder as a challenger).. This will entice other fighters due to the money made from the tv and fight fans going to watch, a no brainer really
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Harold Disgracey

McGregor v Mayweather confirmed for 26th August!

BennyHarp

So Floyd v McGrogor is apparently official. 26th of August. Build up should be a laugh though the fight will be a laughing stock!
That was never a square ball!!

king of leon

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 14, 2017, 10:55:10 PM
So Floyd v McGrogor is apparently official. 26th of August. Build up should be a laugh though the fight will be a laughing stock!

Either of them won't care about that when they are counting their dollars!

Fight will get some press, be interesting to see how McGregor fares

Minder

Quote from: king of leon on June 14, 2017, 11:02:21 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 14, 2017, 10:55:10 PM

Either of them won't care about that when they are counting their dollars!

Fight will get some press, be interesting to see how McGregor fares

Badly I would say, unless they arrange to keep it competitive so they can have a rematch
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

What's the early predictions on this then? Mayweather win obviously but early knock out, what?

Has McGregor any chance? Could Mayweather take his left if he hit him plum?

nrico2006

Would love to see McGregor fire the boot to the head during the fight. As for his left, the boxing gloves will be heavier than what we are used to seeing him wear.